partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:49:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Conversations
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Conversations  (Read 4906 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »

indeed, I would have said something.....not quite sure at this moment as I am sleepy,,but would have tired to tell him off in a friendly way and if he did not pick it up I would be more direct.

Some people regardless of age don't know when and when not to be funny Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
dancingirldancing
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »

I have found that a very immediate and direct, "We have only just met; why would you say something like that to me?" usually embarrasses the offender of his/her classless behavior, and solicits an awkward apology.... right after the [quite enjoyable for you] awkward moments of figeting silence.   Wink

Heh heh .... will do this next time ....

QPO,

I don't have problem with people being funny but any direct mention of human genitalia whether joking or not has no place in socials IMHO esp to people one does not really know well.

I don't even like teachers overdoing dirty jokes and comments ... some do though maybe they think it is funny and to keep student interested.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »

I have found that a very immediate and direct, "We have only just met; why would you say something like that to me?" usually embarrasses the offender of his/her classless behavior, and solicits an awkward apology.... right after the [quite enjoyable for you] awkward moments of figeting silence.   Wink

Heh heh .... will do this next time ....

QPO,

I don't have problem with people being funny but any direct mention of human genitalia whether joking or not has no place in socials IMHO esp to people one does not really know well.

I don't even like teachers overdoing dirty jokes and comments ... some do though maybe they think it is funny and to keep student interested.

Me too I am not a prude and dont mind a "dirty or suggestive Joke" but you just don't do it to people that you dont know really well... yes and the same with teachers as sometimes people can be uncomfortable in the class and you feel that for them also...

Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 06:22:53 AM »

I have proposed marriage after barely a tanda;  Huh but its always been met with laughter  Cry

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 11:32:08 PM »

aaaa, no talking during competition. i mean during dancing on the floor.

only if he make a mistake - "i will kill you later" is coming out of my mouth.  Cool

but we use a language of a body. we had a good connection and with our eyes, arms, body we were able to change direction, even if we are in apart position.

on the socials - mostly my students talk.  Grin

Miss You!

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 11:33:17 PM »

No, never when on the floor. We communicate in a big way, but not vocally. It's like trying to have a conversation during a marathon run, to me - completely impractical.

Miss you too, hope everthing is going OK with them. Did see WE at the Aussies, he looked much more comfortable with is New Vouge than Latin

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »

Have to say my ventriloquist skills have  been perfected with my dancing. it is amazing what you can articulate Grin through a smiling mouth

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 01:41:19 PM »

I'm going to go with a little bit of chatter. It is social dance, after all.  But it's still dance.  A full on conversation might be a bit disruptive.   Silence, I have to say, would give me the creeps.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 02:53:20 PM »

I'm going to go with a little bit of chatter. It is social dance, after all.  But it's still dance.  A full on conversation might be a bit disruptive.   Silence, I have to say, would give me the creeps.
my past partner was 'a man of few words'.  Since I like to go into a zen state when I dance (love to have my eyes closed) that wasn't so bad..

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »

my past partner was 'a man of few words'.  Since I like to go into a zen state when I dance (love to have my eyes closed) that wasn't so bad..

Exactly.  It helps if the two dancers' preferences match. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »

Shoot, now I miss him...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »

Sorry.  I didn't mean to bring back poignant memories.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 10:39:32 PM »

Sorry.  I didn't mean to bring back poignant memories.
thats Ok - its the 'sweet sorrow' kind... it was nice having a partner...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2013, 02:43:51 AM »

Sometimes people come into your life only for a reason or a season. (I forget the whole quote.)  Not everyone can be forever. *hug*

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2013, 05:46:41 AM »

Sometimes people come into your life only for a reason or a season. (I forget the whole quote.)  Not everyone can be forever. *hug*
oh, you can keep the person - its the dance partner I miss Tongue Grin

but hug appreciated nonetheless... and it does seem like people come and go for a reason - though sometimes you have to be the cause of both.  DP* leaving meant that I went back to studying dancing - your actual dance training is much more limited when you are in an AM partnership.

* DP - Dear Partner - BTW there is a list of abbreviations in the Announcements board but if you need to add any you have to let me know

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: