partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:01:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  My online personna....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: My online personna....  (Read 3506 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: November 13, 2009, 05:54:15 AM »

This topic derives from a PM conversation I had with one of our members....

So - is the on-line you, you or is it different?
Maybe you would like others to comment on how you come accross to see how it compares?

On the whole I think I am the same - but I would love to know if that is true...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:18:25 AM »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I come across as older than I really am. I've had several people comment 'Wow, you're only 15? I thought you were in your 20s' (this was when I was 15)

Apart from that. I dunno. You guys tell me.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 07:29:37 AM »

well since I one of few that know you. I would say that you are different... Not that it is bad. In real life you are quiet and reserved... but on here you are more animated..... Cool
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:31:55 AM by QPO » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 07:31:30 AM »

me on the other hand ...I am the same and since there are a few that have met me I think I will leave it to them to either agree or disagree  Tongue

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 07:32:31 AM »

well since I one of few that know you. I would say that you are different... Not that it is bad. In real life you are quiet and reserved... but on here you are more animated..... Cool

That's interesting. Around friends my age I am fairly noisy, but I often retreat if things are getting too boisterous/non-nerdy
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 07:34:29 AM »

me on the other hand ...I am the same and since there are a few that have met me I think I will leave it to them to either agree or disagree  Tongue

I think you are mostly the same. I often read your posts and can imagine you saying them.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 07:39:41 AM »

That's interesting. Around friends my age I am fairly noisy, but I often retreat if things are getting too boisterous/non-nerdy

I think that perhaps rather than non nerdy I think it is more adult? but that would be normal....we adults are nerdy at times  Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

I think that perhaps rather than non nerdy I think it is more adult? but that would be normal....we adults are nerdy at times  Roll Eyes

I prefer the nerdy talk. It's when they start to talk about common teenage things - parties etc. that I tend to run away to the library. Thankfully most of my friends aren't very party-liking.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »

What you see is what you get with me. I can be pretty extroverted or introverted depending on situations and comfort levels. I think that comes across here as well as in real life. lol

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »

Hmm...interesting!

I'd like to think that the online "me" is really "me". Actually, I think the online "me" is more "me" than the real-life "me".  Roll Eyes Huh
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »

Around friends my age I am fairly noisy, but I often retreat if things are getting too boisterous/non-nerdy
then you should be safe with me Cheesy

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 11:14:42 AM »

Hmm...interesting!

I'd like to think that the online "me" is really "me". Actually, I think the online "me" is more "me" than the real-life "me".  Roll Eyes Huh

you might be a little concerned. OTOH I do know what you mean.

I suppose all of us have both on-line and off-line personnae but I bet none of us really know how similar, or even compatible they are.  I have had several situations where I've met a person that I have corresponded with for a long time on line - and we find we have nothing to talk about in person.  Then to make matters weirder we carry on corresponding after as if nothing happened.

So how bizzarre is that?  OSB is going to be an interesting test case.  Because I post so much here I suppose others will have formed a clearer mental image of me than I of them.  I hope they have the interest (and maybe a little courage Cheesy) to provide the comparison after the comp....

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 01:04:43 PM »

I think the online me is probably different to who I am in person.  emeralddancer can probably verify that. 
samina
Silver

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:32 PM »

Hmm...interesting!

OSB is going to be an interesting test case.  Because I post so much here I suppose others will have formed a clearer mental image of me than I of them.  I hope they have the interest (and maybe a little courage Cheesy) to provide the comparison after the comp....

i for one enjoyed meeting elise at OSB last year! Cheesy

as for my online persona... at least forum-wise... i am funnier in person. i tend to be rather straight online. although increasingly less so via my website and FB. i am also far more radical and knowledgeable of some things i never get into online. i prefer calm seas, socially... Smiley

i'm also quite transparent, in that i've openly linked my online personae and my genuine identity rather candidly, for business purposes.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »

I think the online me is probably different to who I am in person.  emeralddancer can probably verify that. 

I sense that is true.  In person I doubt you are as accessible - but no prizes, one can probably say that about 95% of men Cheesy

Are you going to OSB? (PM if you like).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: