partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Nashville Starz 2010
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Nashville Starz 2010  (Read 2580 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« on: November 06, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »

January 21-24, NDCA sanctioned event, Nashville, TN USA.
Note that the venue is changing this year -- it will be at the Renaissance  Hotel, 611 Commerce Street in downtown Nashville, two blocks up the hill from the previous venue.  
http://www.nashvillestarz.net/
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 03:05:09 AM »

Actually, it hasn't moved much--the Renaissance has always been the hotel associated with the comp, but in previous years up to this the comp itself has been held in the Nashville Convention Center, which adjoins the hotel (there's an indoor breezeway between the 2 lobbies).  This year the comp will be held in one of the hotel's own ballrooms instead of at the Convention Center.  More like half a block up the hill rather than 2 blocks. Wink

In another note, for those of you that are thinking about coming to either of Nashville's yearly competitions, Volunteer State will be held in the Renaissance as well in 2010.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 03:19:38 AM »

I would love to do a southern comp... closest I've been is Virginia many (many) years ago....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 03:27:44 AM »

StarZ is especially great, IMO (better than Vol State, I think, although don't let David Medeiros hear me say that!)--David Hamilton really does a great job with this comp, going out of his way to make it a welcoming and rewarding experience.  There's usually a fun Western-themed night, a pro CW invitational that's really interesting to watch, and in years past he's had a bluegrass duo playing outside the entrance to the ballroom during the evening sessions and live music for the pro events and general dancing.  And because David's, well, who he is, the level of judges and competitors attracted to the comp is fairly high.  I will say, though, ee, that your AM events probably wouldn't be very well attended at all, for the simple fact that it's primarily a Pro-Am comp.  You'd have a good level of competition if you brought your pro though.
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 03:58:55 AM »

... I don't know. I'd say I want to, but I'll NOT want to several times in between now and th- oh, hell, you know we're coming. To watch. That's all.

(And eat PF Chang's and Jack in the Box and stay up reallyreallyreally late dancing at the after-party we keep not coming to out of fear of them thinking we're rejects)
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »

Next week!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 03:46:43 AM »

the comp season is hotting up!

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »

Heat lists are up, and the pro turnout looks to be exciting!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »

like to tell us why?

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

The Paramonovs in Latin, Mayo Alanen and new partner in Smooth (don't know if they've debuted yet so will keep her name to myself for now), as well as several other Smooth Rising Stars, and Inna Berlizyeva and Artem Plakhotnyi in Standard.  We don't get basically any big names down here for Latin, going to see a few couples I haven't seen in person yet in Smooth, and I ADORE Inna.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 12:36:19 AM »

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

(P.S. - C, y'all's teacher that just had the appendectomy was in residence tonight, along with a couple other people from RCDC--including a girl around my age sitting with A that I didn't recognize.  Almost positive he didn't recognize me.  We should chat!)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 03:57:51 AM »

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

(P.S. - C, y'all's teacher that just had the appendectomy was in residence tonight, along with a couple other people from RCDC--including a girl around my age sitting with A that I didn't recognize.  Almost positive he didn't recognize me.  We should chat!)

Sounds like someone had a busy and fun time... lets hear more - but when you wake up Smiley

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »

Did she have her arm in a sling?  If so, I know who it is. 
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »

I hope that wasn't the person with the apendectomy. I believe its located in the abdomen... Roll Eyes

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »

No...longish dark hair is all that I can remember at this point.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: