partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Your Events (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  OSB09 - drinks, dinners, meetings etc topic!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: OSB09 - drinks, dinners, meetings etc topic!!  (Read 4790 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: October 30, 2009, 06:58:57 AM »

This is just for the event - OSB09 - PDO socializing, get-togethers and the like.  Leave messages here for people to see before, during or after the comp.  We can discuss the comp itself on the other topic on the Comptetition board - link here for your convenience:

http://partnerdanceonline.com/index.php?topic=456.new#new

I arrive Friday and leave monday.  I would love to get together Fri early evening for drinks and maybe go out for dinner.  If there is a local that could provide suggestions where it would be fantastic. 

First though we need an accurate list of who is going and when.
ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:24:04 AM »

I am sure pruthe and I can come up with some good places to meet for drinks/dinner.  Drinks and tapas, I recommend Barrio, which is nearby and downtown, or Burgundy Room, which is slightly farther away, but not by much.  If most people are staying at the Hyatt or nearby, Barrio is within walking distance.

Let me know when everyone wants to get together and I am sure we locals can find a place!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »

well, now we are two Smiley

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »

I kind of like the 2nd floor Hyatt restaurant for what it's worth. Also 1st floor fast food area. I could probably meet where ever though. I'll be around somewhere most every day. (Note: Friday evening is a major event night so if have get-together then, would want to take event start time into consideration.)

"It's not what you do, but how you do it."

"The Truth in Ballroom Dance is found in the Basic steps."

A.S.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:17:11 PM »

Yes - I want to watch fri eve too (pro is competing Smiley).  maybe we could make it a late-afternoon meeting?  I would skip lunch and have a lunner Smiley

Do you have the schedule for the evening pruthe?  Whats the latest we could be back and not miss anything important - like, say, another PDOodler competing ...

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:17:49 PM »

Don't have the schedule but would guess Friday and Saturday evening events start around 7 p.m.  Update - Just looked at OSB web site. Looks like there's a schedule there. Hopefully it's recent. Anyhow, things start at 7:30 p.m. for both Friday and Saturday in Exhibit Hall C. Also says for Saturday there's an America's Ballroom Challenge. Wonder if that's for sure. Will have to check around.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:28:45 PM by pruthe » Logged

A.S.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »

I thought that was the highlight every year (America's Ballroom Challenge) I watched it last year and will do so again this one.

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 12:27:27 AM »

It's my understanding that having the America's Ballroom Challenge each year is never a certainty. It takes a ton of funding to make it happen. Hopefully, it's funded for this year too. If I find out for sure, will let know here on PDO.

A.S.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »

I have hear it is funded this year. Several couples that I work with have been told to prepare 3 shows for the OSB.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 03:39:57 AM »

I have hear it is funded this year. Several couples that I work with have been told to prepare 3 shows for the OSB.

But thats interesting - I thought the saturday evening finalists were the winners of the competitions.  How do they know which couples that is going to be? Roll Eyes

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

But thats interesting - I thought the saturday evening finalists were the winners of the competitions.  How do they know which couples that is going to be? Roll Eyes

Couples that was in the final of OSB last year and made the finals at the USDSC Open Professional are the once that have to have shows prepared.

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »

Ah.  I see.  But what happens if a wild card gets into the finals?  I suppose they just have to wing it?

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 04:49:06 PM »

Ah.  I see.  But what happens if a wild card gets into the finals?  I suppose they just have to wing it?

I think that if a couple think they have any change of making the final then they would prepare for that. If I was placed in the semifinal then I would prepare shows for the final just in case. If it is a true wild card then I guess they will just have to wing it even though most professional couples do have shows they can use. There are some rules that have to be followed for the shows but I guess a true wild card would just be happy to dance the final and not care if they got disqualified for the show part. 

Edward Teller
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »

um what if those couples are at worlds though?

oh and i am game for the where ever for the meet ups. i am with dream and medira the entire time and my mom of course. yeah! 3 weeks people!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »

um what if those couples are at worlds though?

The top two couples in latin will not be there as they will be at the world championship. So there will be two spots open in the latin final for somebody else to show how wonderful they are.

Edward Teller
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: