partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:26:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116489 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Bizarre/Hilarious Dance Floor Stories
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bizarre/Hilarious Dance Floor Stories  (Read 790 times)
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« on: October 23, 2009, 03:54:29 PM »

I'll kick this thread off with:

1) One Christmas time in Boston,  I went to a swing dance venue that had long been my favorite ( Swing City www.wannadance.com ). I danced with this one woman, who was fun as all get out and very sweet to boot. It happened that she had these battery powered X-mas lights in her hair. Every time she would spin or twirl, I had to snap my head back to avoid being hit by this strand of lights in her ponytail :lol . I still laugh about it to this day!

2) At the same venue,  I ask a very enthusiastic, energetic young beginner woman to dance. Hooo boy! Before I could blink, I feel like I'm riding a wild bronco more than dancing!  I kid you not, she was going absolutely nuts and yours truly while trying to maintain his cool is having a devil of a time even trying to lead. YIKES!! (in Dr. McCoy voice-"I'm a swing dancer Jim, not a bronco buster!")

3) At another swing venue in Boston, I danced with this one woman that had LONG fingernails, almost like the talons on a Hawk or a Great Horned Owl. Not only was she a bit, well, over-energetic, but also was holding on with a near-death grip, with those "talons" digging into my hand  . I kept my cool, but later I said to myself bemsuedly "Was I just dancing with a person or a bird-of-prey?"  

4) At a good friend's wedding: I was a "Penguin" in the wedding party (QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK - like Burgess Meredith  ). At the reception, when the bridal party's turn came to join the happy couple on the dance floor, I quickly found out that I was the only person in the wedding party that could actually dance. The woman I was paired up with laughingly warned me ahead of time she was an avowed non-dancer (said she drove her husband nuts when he was trying to teach her). Anyway, I did the best I could to lead and she was a good sport about it. It was hard though, but I had to give myself a little talking to inwardly to not look down on those who didn't know how.

5) One night in Atlanta, I did a particularly ferocious and fun cha-cha with this one woman, and at one point, we broke apart for some "shines" as it were, well wouldn't you know it, this woman breaks out into a HILARIOUS Elaine Benes dancing impersonation while keeping rhythm and yours truly is just HOWLING with laughter I nearly lost my place!

NOTE: For non-Seinfeld watchers, Elaine Benes (played by Julia Louise Dreyfuss) had this, shall we say "UNIQUE" style of dancing that didn't exactly endear her to her cohorts.

But in any case, that is ome cha-cha I will NEVER forget as long as I live! This woman had personality and spunk and then some, great dancer and VERY funny! If ONLY she wasn't married.

6) And VERY recently, I danced with an EXACT duplicate of Sarah Palin, I couldn't have made thiis up!  Shocked

How about y'all?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:57:24 AM by Burgess Penguin » Logged

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »

BP: people are all trying to figure out why there are two #2 stories... which is the REAL #2 and which is the fake?

AND they are trying to find out if Penguins actually go QUACK???

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 01:56:27 AM »

OOPS, editing numbers momentarily. BTW, all stories are true.

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

albanaich
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 07:01:23 PM »

Well, when I was a beginner doing the cha cha cha, I went one way and she went the other - and I ended up with a very large handful of breast (she was big girl in that area) she went several shades of pink, hestitated for a moment and thought about slappinig me, then to my relief the couple beside us laughed.

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 03:45:55 AM »

I'll kick this thread off with:

1) One Christmas time in Boston,  I went to a swing dance venue that had long been my favorite ( Swing City www.wannadance.com ). I danced with this one woman, who was fun as all get out and very sweet to boot. It happened that she had these battery powered X-mas lights in her hair. Every time she would spin or twirl, I had to snap my head back to avoid being hit by this strand of lights in her ponytail :lol . I still laugh about it to this day!

See annoying habits of follows thread.lol.

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 04:38:26 AM »

There is another dancer locally where from behind we both are similar, same height and weight. We went to a social dance and were both wear black pants and a top.  her husband came up behind in the supper break and began to stoke my bottom...and I turned round this it was my husband!. When he realized I was not is wife he went crimson!  Shocked

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 06:04:10 AM »

There is another dancer locally where from behind we both are similar, same height and weight. We went to a social dance and were both wear black pants and a top.  her husband came up behind in the supper break and began to stoke my bottom...and I turned round this it was my husband!. When he realized I was not is wife he went crimson!  Shocked
Cheesy

Can't resist asking - was it a nice stroke? Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: