partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  pet peeves - what drives you CRAZY
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: pet peeves - what drives you CRAZY  (Read 8395 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »

Let me translate....okay....she means

Iz cou stabz er

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2010, 08:47:18 PM »

so, will someone explain why she has stabilizers? Huh

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2010, 07:37:54 AM »

Butchery of the English language including:

1) Made-up words (examples I've actually seen include; "relationshiply", "trending")

2) Intentional misspelling (example:  boyz, playaz etc.) sorry, ghetto style just doesn't cut it for me in any form.

to which add; "intentionality" re boyz; this I'm afraid to say started in Wrexzham; namez like Lorence Darrel Barry were reduzed to Loz, Daz, Baz etcz   Tongue

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »

so, will someone explain why she has stabilizers? Huh

She must be pretty flighty!   Grin
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »

People who go through the express lanes at supermarkets with more than 12 items...guys...it is 12 items or less for a reason. If your shopping fills up the whole conveyor belt, then you should use a normal checkout.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2010, 10:56:05 AM »

the feeling that someone poured acid in my veins and knitting needles up my nose.......

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »

the feeling that someone poured acid in my veins and knitting needles up my nose.......
I think thats supposed to drive you crazy...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2010, 05:51:40 AM »

I think thats supposed to drive you crazy...

oooblewooble; ook

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »

People who go through the express lanes at supermarkets with more than 12 items...guys...it is 12 items or less for a reason. If your shopping fills up the whole conveyor belt, then you should use a normal checkout.

This.  And, on a related note, people who use the self-checkout line when they don't know how and/or have giant baskets full of groceries. A couple dozen items?  Sure. Do it yourself. But,if you are shopping for the month, please allow a professional checker to help you.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2013, 10:02:30 PM »

This.  And, on a related note, people who use the self-checkout line when they don't know how and/or have giant baskets full of groceries. A couple dozen items?  Sure. Do it yourself. But,if you are shopping for the month, please allow a professional checker to help you.
doesn't bother me much - mainly because I hardly ever go to a supermarket... Ah, the good life...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »

I have a sixteen year old boy.  I am at the grocery store every.single.day.  Otherwise he'd starve.  Ask him; he'll tell you.  Grin

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »

LOL!

Then why not send him to buy the food - or would he come back with some 'interesting' menu items?

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2013, 02:11:04 AM »

He'd come back with enough snacks to survive a nuclear winter... but no actual food. lol.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2013, 03:53:09 AM »

He'd come back with enough snacks to survive a nuclear winter... but no actual food. lol.
I'm sure you're right - and yet they love to eat food.  I suppose immediacy rules.. Tongue

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2013, 07:07:33 AM »

There's that. Then there's the fact that real food is in the "Mom''s magic" category.   Kids don't have to do anything.  Food magically appears at mealtimes, so their energy is better spent on acuisition of goodies.Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: