partnerdanceonline.com
October 02, 2014, 04:29:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  
Author Topic: SwingWaltz' Diary  (Read 11562 times)
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »

Sunday, 26/09/10

Hi again everyone,

Promised that I would write again, and now I am! Here I am, sitting at my desk intoxicated in the scent of her perfume linger in the air. I guess lately, there has only been two or three things on my mind. 1) My PhD application. 2) Dance competition 3) A girl.

I've been searching for potential postgraduate study supervisors for a couple of weeks now, and let's just say that things are moving very slowly. Considering that the dead line for application is in about 35 days, I really need to get a move on this. But I'm not saying that there hasn't been any progress. I have had one interview with a professor from the Peter Mac Cancer centre, THE best cancer research institute in the southern hemisphere (or so they say). He seems quite happy so far, but has to check with my previous supervisor regarding my performance. I am quite worried about what my previous supervisor might say, not a good sign I know. Although I did get a first class honors for last year, I'm sure there are things she wouldn't be happy about. The other piece of information I found out was that the national university guarentees scholarship to anyone with a first class honours. So my aim next week is to get myself a potential supervisor or two from the national university. Wish me luck!

Secondly, dancing. Ok I know that a couple of weeks ago I've been quite negative towards this pro-am partnership. Now I have to eat my own words (i wonder what does eat my shorts mean cause I almost typed that). It's getting quite exciting with less than a week to go. I have practise with my pro tomorrow afternoon, then our last lesson on wednesday. Oh this is very exciting. I can't wait to get on the floor again. Also people have been saying that I made significant progress in the past couple of month, can't wait to hear about the official review on that! More to come next week after i get back from the competition!

Finally...another girl. It seems to me that I don't have trouble developing an interest in girls (ok, that's a good thing, I'm at least clear with my sexuality) or interacting with girls....it's just that I don't get them interested enough to go further, or maybe I do, but I can't see it. So I went to a dinner dance with a friend of mine whom I have known for a couple of years. We've never been really close, but we both know that we can trust eachother with a lot of things and have talked about a lot of things in the past, just that we don't see eachother often, some month we see eachother once a week, other monthes we don't see or speak to eachother at all. So she asked me to an university dinner dance last night, and we went. Picked her up from her house, and she was dressed in this gorgeous evening dress (yea jaw dropping stuff). We danced a bit, and had our dinner, danced a bit more (won't go into the details cause they played 5 cha cha). Then dessert time, she got some of her dessert and fed some to me with her spoon, and I got some of mine and fed her with my spoon. Ok...that wasn't really expected, I mean I don't usually eat off another people's plate, certainly not off another person's spoon. Then we slow danced a bit, which was nice, and there was a bit we just held eachother really close and stopped for a moment looking into eachother's eyes. Dancing was all good after, drove her home and she gave me a kiss on the cheek before getting out of the car and said she had a lovely evening and hope to see me soon. So that's the evening....is it me or is there something going on?

Knowing me and my previous episodes, I might have just made a complete fool of myself like last time and get shot down like a plane. Oh well....
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »

Well, if its you, its me too.  Your story is as romantic as it gets.  Yes, real romatic not that other crap.

Now excuse me while I get a tissue...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »

yes you are right, that sometimes we dont see things that others do...but from what I read and I can only go on your side of the story, that it sounds promising.

I think you just need it to develop, she must like you to go to so much effort and to eat of each others spoons well…..that must means she trusts you to share your germs with ! ;P and

Be cool and take it easy, she is obviously strong enough to organise things also (ask you out etc)…..You will find the right one for you and you never know it could be her!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2011, 05:09:16 AM »

New Year = New Blog

Visit me at: http://jqwang.blogspot.com/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »

New Year = New Blog

Visit me at: http://jqwang.blogspot.com/
Sad
can we be a mirror site perhaps?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  

Jump to: