partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:14:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  view - to - post ratio
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: view - to - post ratio  (Read 352 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: October 16, 2009, 04:35:10 AM »

this is interesting.  Next to each topic are two statistics: first the number of posts in that topic and second the number of times its been viewed.  

Thus, if you divide the viewed by the number of posts (I'm going to call this the view/post or V/P) you get a measure of how interesting that particular topic is to our members (and guests BTW).  A ratio of 10 seems to be average - and this only works if you have more than a few posts (I'm guessing about 6).  Some of this viewing is just google-bots and the like touring the site.  But for a particular board that should be reasonably constant.

What I notice is that fun topics may have a high post rate but they have a low V/P  which can be interpreted as 'fun to post but not really interesting to just read'.  
Others have rather few posts but a very high V/P  and hence can be characterized as 'difficult or rare to post - but very interesting to read'.  

I noticed a lot of topics with high V/Ps in the ballroom area - and it means I think that a lot of guests are visiting the forum to partake in our dance information.  

I actually noticed this a while ago on DF but did not comment on it there.  Look around and see if you can find examples of both high and low V/Ps.....

ee
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:01:54 AM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: