partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:37:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  International Championships Brentwood England Oct 13-15
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: International Championships Brentwood England Oct 13-15  (Read 2578 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »

Some couples get a 'bye' into the finals and do not have to do the qualifiers (and hence do not enjoy the pleasured of Brentwood).  What is the criterion to skip the qualifiers (there were some pretty good couples having to earn their way in...).

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »

Some couples get a 'bye' into the finals and do not have to do the qualifiers (and hence do not enjoy the pleasured of Brentwood).  What is the criterion to skip the qualifiers (there were some pretty good couples having to earn their way in...).

No, they don't get a "stars" to get into the final. The couples have to dance into the Semifinal the year before in order to get the 2 "stars" (in England called "stars") or 2 "byes" (for the US and Canada) which saves you from having to deal with going to Brentwood. So the couples that either didn’t make the semifinal or new partnerships have to qualify in Brentwood.

That sure should make it an incentive to make the semifinal if nothing else does. Wink

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »

absolutely - I'm a princess and would probably win rather than have to use a sub-standard dressing room!!
Smiley

[actually, this princess comes from a 'born with a wooden spoon in her mouth' background Wink]

Vasya
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »

Just checked the results. Quite bad for USA based am std couples. Seems no one made beyond 3rd round, most couples in 2nd round. Seems everyone had to use the brentwood change room:(
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 10:33:45 PM »

I did a double take on that until I realized you said AM std.  In pro it seems like the New Dynasty!

So there's room for you two to step in Cheesy

Vasya
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 10:40:34 PM »

tough decision about turn pro, some of our friends who had been am finalist in '03 or '04 turned pro, still stuck in semi-final of large comps such as OSB or Manhattan Dancesport, they placed out of RS, then stuck in semi for a long long time in open pro.

Anyway, really happy for our teacher Katusha/Arunas being new world champion and congrats to victor/Anna!!! Incredible!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 10:42:41 PM »

Two class acts...

Vasya
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »

also checked their photos on DSI, really beautiful too. They are the pround of USA!!!
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 05:45:04 AM »

Just checked the results. Quite bad for USA based am std couples. Seems no one made beyond 3rd round, most couples in 2nd round. Seems everyone had to use the brentwood change room:(

Everyone had to use the same change room? Ladies and Gent? sounds like a modeling assignment they always use to be like

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 06:30:56 AM »

Everyone had to use the same change room? Ladies and Gent? sounds like a modeling assignment they always use to be like

I think Vasya meant that they did not get to the Royal Albert Wink

Vasya
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 06:59:50 PM »

yes I meant no one made to Royal Albert:(

in Blackpool ladies & gents used same large change room which is always busy, noisy and crowded.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 07:02:37 PM »

I have no problem with the communal changing rooms and find it rather charming to see that the youngster-career track set move from the guys to the gals without any concern for state of dress. I have never felt uncomfortable but more flattered that I was too accepted into their culture...

we should have a topic on that really - but do we have any dance-family kids here (thats the ones that basically live for dance and hang out almost exclusively with other young dancers).

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 10:59:54 PM »

In most competitions in Europe, they have male and female share the changing rooms. That is considered normal as the couples can then stay together and support, help and be there for each other at all times.

I was very surprised when I came to the US for the first time. I had nobody to help me with my dress, hair and other things. My partner was not happy as well as he didn’t have me there to help him either. We sure didn’t like it as we felt a wedge was put between us because they wouldn’t allow us to be together.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 04:31:39 AM »

I can imagine, I have no problem with it. as you say you can help each other. some of the change rooms I have been in have nothing no table, no where to hang your dress, very disappointing.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 06:17:10 AM »

In most competitions in Europe, they have male and female share the changing rooms. That is considered normal as the couples can then stay together and support, help and be there for each other at all times.

I was very surprised when I came to the US for the first time. I had nobody to help me with my dress, hair and other things. My partner was not happy as well as he didn’t have me there to help him either. We sure didn’t like it as we felt a wedge was put between us because they wouldn’t allow us to be together.

DSV

I think it was in Kingston where they had three changing rooms - men, women and co-ed.  I wish more competitions would do that - now I have to start that topic!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:23:39 AM by elisedance » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: