partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  How do teaching partnerships arrange da moneh?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do teaching partnerships arrange da moneh?  (Read 532 times)
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« on: October 09, 2009, 03:17:18 PM »

When we teach a single or couple, we usually (unless I can't make it, then J does it all) together, 2 on 1 or 2.

Since we use J's vehicle to go to and from teaching and such, he of course incurs more expenses than I do, and my role IN the teaching partnership isn't as significant. Still, if I'm there and offering pointers, we mutually agree I need something to pay for my small chocolate frosty afterward, and shoes occasionally.

How would or do you guys who do this divvy up the loot? What's best?
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:46:38 PM »

that is a tough question. depends on what sort of partnership you are in. I think all those things should be discussed before hand to make sure that no disagreements rise in the future.

Who ever has the higher costs should get more IMO....If you both contribute equally then you split 50/50

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 02:06:26 AM »

Figure out your actual costs.  Subtract that from the total then figure out an equitable way to split the rest.  If teaching is just an occasional thing then figure out the split ration each session.  If its a regular one then decide on a permanent ratio - and make adjustments when one or other does more. 

The important thing is to keep everything open (QPO's main point I think) else you are sure to have resentments creep in that one or other is getting more than thier fair share.  Its one of the fastest ways to destroy a relationship.  But if you manage to create a fair method it can also do the opposite.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: