partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116442 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  STUPID things overheard at social dances.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: STUPID things overheard at social dances.  (Read 6118 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2013, 02:41:36 AM »

Here's a couple:

I burned a waltz instructional dvd (bronze) for a friend the other day.  He calls me the next day: Do you have silver?  I've been through the bronze and I get that, I know those steps now.  What more can you give me?

Wow.  The entire bronze syllabus in a day - and I thought I was learning quickly!

Looks like he has you beat!  Wink

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2013, 02:46:54 AM »

The social dancer was actually a lead and he thinks that he is the best lead in that particular social scene.

He is one of those ppl who takes really BIG steps and think he is the equal of Victor.

The champ couple actually reduce the size of their steps in the social scene and do not dance as BIG as they would in the comps.

This gives the impression to the above social dancer that the DP of this champ dancer is INCAPABLE of taking as BIG steps as he does.

Also, the above social dancer thinks because he is taller he automatically moves a lot more which he probably does but with extremely low quality movement.

The quality of the champ couple is amazing to watch tho !

I actually overheard this exchange last Sunday. She was being really nice to this jerk though !

This.  I used to know a guy at a former studio who did exactly this.He was very tall and more advanced than I was at the time. He insisted on taking HUGE steps in a ballroom where everybody was at bronze or pre-bronze and still taking tiny steps. Then,of course, it was everybody else's fault that his dances were trainwrecks. 

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: