partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 11:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116406 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  STUPID things overheard at social dances.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: STUPID things overheard at social dances.  (Read 5992 times)
dancingirldancing
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 08:51:41 PM »

Problem is this one happens to be taking private lessons and his private lesson teacher seems to teach him a slightly difference combination with what was taught in the class.

So he thinks the group class teacher is 'wrong' !

He can't really lead this group and as I have only been to the class once out of boredom (first and last time let me tell you that too many self professed teachers there !) as my normal coach is not taking lessons that week.

If you can't lead me love ... it really is not my fault !

I have a lot of nice gentlemen at that socials to dance with though ... the ladies even consoled me as I was close to tears after that dance !

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 09:16:10 PM »

'That is NOT right. Let me TEACH you how this is supposed to be done ! Even the teacher of the group class does not know how to do it properly. Do it AGAIN ! I will show you HOW !'

Whhhhooooaaaaaahhhhhh...   Shocked Roll Eyes
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

'That is NOT right. Let me TEACH you how this is supposed to be done ! Even the teacher of the group class does not know how to do it properly. Do it AGAIN ! I will show you HOW !'

Whhhhooooaaaaaahhhhhh...   Shocked Roll Eyes

You beat me to it, C... Shocked Shocked Shocked

[my bold, as the craziest thing that jumped out to me]
samina
Silver

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 11:49:34 PM »

I had a similar situation happen while teaching.

Me: “What would you like to do?”
Student: “I think I first need to tell you what I know”

hah, cute. reminds me of my very first lesson with my instructor. waltz.

take hold.
me: "so, the experience i've had..."
him: "that's okay... i shall seeeeee." <<comment administered with knowing smile and glint in his eye>>

a few (short) walls later...
him: "okaaaaay... so i see you have had soooooome training." (i was $4,000 and three months beyond the never-danced-in-my-life point. he probly meant i could stand on my own feet and take a step, lolz).
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 02:48:14 AM »

I've seen exactly that at one of the socials I go to, but the difference is that he used to be an open amature finallist in Germany. I think the girls often go up to him and ask for those "lessons".  Tongue

not quite the same eh? 

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Graham
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »

Recent comment (blood boiling over, muc to wifey's amusement, thanks hon for the support).
I've been dancing ballet professionally for 30 years (women aged around 60, overweight, moves like a brick). I can follow if you can lead it.

Later on, same lady (she was sitting at same table).
'None of these people can dance, they look terrible.'

I had one dance with her. I led her very lightly (in ECS) and allowed her to make a fool of herself. I then danced with the other ladies (tango, cha-cha-cha, rumba) at the table and made them look vastly better (all beginners, but with MUCH better attitudes).

Graham
Graham
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »

Heard a few months ago at 30UP (Toronto).
Old lady to her partner (both must be 80+).
If you're going to dance like a mule, I'n not going to dance with you.

Wife and I sitting across the table, frantically trying to smother our laughter. The couple are truly bad in every way. Basic steps done really badly. It's great they come out, but the attitude with that ability?HuhHuh

Things we can all look forward to!!!!  Smiley
Graham
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »

For the first time in MANY MANY moons, had a rather AWKWARD opening dance (salsa) while out last night, this woman drove me NUTS! She definitely had the "YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT" attitude full bore, and to boot, she completely sabotaged every lead just about, and then smiles at me at the end and says, "Yeah, I know I'm show-offy and all--- " Roll Eyes  Huh   Never asked her again. I noticed her doing this with other guys too, Don;t think she made too many friends among the guys that night.

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »

people who don't get the concept..... Undecided

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »

For the first time in MANY MANY moons, had a rather AWKWARD opening dance (salsa) while out last night, this woman drove me NUTS! She definitely had the "YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT" attitude full bore, and to boot, she completely sabotaged every lead just about, and then smiles at me at the end and says, "Yeah, I know I'm show-offy and all--- " Roll Eyes  Huh   Never asked her again. I noticed her doing this with other guys too, Don;t think she made too many friends among the guys that night.

you have to wonder why they do that....it hardly makes them endearing! Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
dancingirldancing
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »

Social dancer: May I have this dance?

Championship dancer: Sure would love to

Social dancer: I have to warn you though ... it will be hard for me to lower my standard to ur level

Championship dancer: (Silent - whatever)

Social dancer: I know your partner does not move as well as I do so you probably isnt used to such good dancing

Championship dancer: (Silent - I shall never dance with this idiot ever again in my life !)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »

Tongue

SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »

Facepalm
Dancerette
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »

Maybe she was being sarcastic/funny at her own expense, or do people really walk around in such a self deluded daze?
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »

Sure they do.  And maybe we all do sometimes - though the quote shows nicely how much better it is if we kept it to ourselves...

OTOH there's nothing wrong with dreaming big Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: