partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 04:10:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Morning or Evening Person?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Morning or Evening Person?  (Read 6146 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 09:05:37 PM »

In the days before CDs, I had an alarm clock with a cassette player built in.  You could set it to play the cassette at alarm time.  For a while, I used a tape of "Iron Man".  Yeah, that woke me up.   Shocked
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 09:08:58 PM »

I use to use Ravel's "Bolero". I loved it as by the time it was done I jumped out of bed.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2009, 09:18:04 PM »

I use to use Ravel's "Bolero". I loved it as by the time it was done I jumped out of bed.

Funny that - when my son was young he always had a hard time falling asleep - the Bolero was the only piece of music that would put him out!

Maybe its like a switch: if you are out it wakes up up and the opposite Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2009, 09:22:40 PM »

Hey, we could try the 1812 Overture!   Cool
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2009, 09:26:43 PM »

Forget the overture, just use the cannons.  Sure to work..

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:12 PM »

Forget the overture, just use the cannons.  Sure to work..

Cheesy

I remember back in the late '70s, when there was the fad for the half-speed mastered LPs and direct-to-disc recordings.  One of the audiophile mags had an obsession with a Telarc half-speed mastered disc they had of the 1812 Overture with real cannon, and trying to find a tonearm/cartridge/stylus combination that could track it.  With some of the ones they tried, the cannons made the stylus jump clear off of the disc! 
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »

reply; in my college days when we would work into the wee hours I had a timeswitch linked to a record player to wake us up.

but i'm a morning person except that the musical part of my brain doesnt wake ti midday. any music in the morning just sounds like interference

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 06:09:45 PM »

Interesting idea - that different parts of us wake up at differen times.  I think once one puts it that way most people would go Duh!!

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 05:22:47 AM »

Interesting idea - that different parts of us wake up at differen times.  I think once one puts it that way most people would go Duh!!

other bits of me seem to be awake before i am! Wink

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 06:01:59 AM »

bladder tends to be the first Cheesy

dancing1
pre-bronze

Sr. Championship

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »

You and me both, sister!!!  Wink  But having a nice heated tile floor to walk on in bathroom makes those early morning trips not so traumatic.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »

You and me both, sister!!!  Wink  But having a nice heated tile floor to walk on in bathroom makes those early morning trips not so traumatic.

OOOhhh.  lucky girl.  There again, first thing I do is to put on my ballet slippers Smiley

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »

OOOhhh.  lucky girl.  There again, first thing I do is to put on my ballet slippers Smiley

that reminds of an old joke: Sister Elise(of the Caramelite Order) is walking in a corridor to breakfast and one of the other sisters remarks
" who got out of the wrong side of the bed then?" but she didnt feel particular grumpy so is puzzled by the remark. Then another sister says the same thing, rather spitefully. and she begins to get a bit annoyed. She arrives at the refectory and Mother Superior walks over to her. Before she can speak she says to the MS "You'er not going to tell me I've got out of the wrong side of bed are you?"
"No, Sister Elise, but why are you wearing the bishop's slippers?"

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 01:20:52 PM »

Very funny.  But wrong: he was an Arch-bishop .  Ha!

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »

evening person, DP and I both evening person; we usually stress out for comps too large in our heat and we have to get up so early in the morning to dance - like Blackpool, and this year Ohio star ball stressed us out since there were conflicting info on site - heat lists showing our heat at noon but schedule section shows 2:40, we thought we might dance noon, and the only hair appointment i could get this 7am in the morning, I was so freaked out...but turned out ok, our heat was 2:40; but really scared me...I had tons of nightmare that I missed my heat...

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: