partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:05:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Morning or Evening Person?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Morning or Evening Person?  (Read 6329 times)
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »

I've been getting up with my 6:45 alarm for so long that I don't remember if I am a morning or an evening person. If I am left to my own devices, I prefer to sleep in until 9am or so.

Although there is no way I can do my own hair. But I can sleep on updos.
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »

It might be an idea to learn to do your own hair. If you start traveling a lot then you can't get hair appointments. Just a thought. Tongue

I always do my own hair....as most comps are on a Sunday for us and the hairdresser is not open, I love the wya she cuts and colours my hair but she only does updos that are soft and fluffy and that is not good for comps... Roll Eyes
I kinda trained mine to use much more hairspray than she normally would. And I showed her different hair photos from previous competitions, so she can now reliably reproduce several styles which work with my hair. So for competitions within driving distance, I can do my hair at home and sleep on it.
samina
Silver

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

interesting thread... most PDOers are night-owls.

am sorta both... i enjoy waking up early, but not necessarily being *productive* early. Cool i also enjoy staying up late, especially if i'm creating, comping, or reading. and i love a late-afternoon nap... to make burning candle at both ends both possible AND pleasurable. Cheesy
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »

interesting thread... most PDOers are night-owls.

am sorta both... i enjoy waking up early, but not necessarily being *productive* early. Cool i also enjoy staying up late, especially if i'm creating, comping, or reading. and i love a late-afternoon nap... to make burning candle at both ends both possible AND pleasurable. Cheesy

I so know this personalty type,. it reminds me of me and V perhaps it is the dancers persona Tongue I love my nanna nap

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2010, 11:43:36 PM »

The dancer's persona? Most I know sleeeeeep in... Smiley

But I'm right there with you on the "nanna nap" - what a great name for it. I usually call it my "disco nap". Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2010, 01:07:54 AM »

well have just had one and try to do most Saturday it the only way to survive a late night

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:59 AM »

.....and i love a late-afternoon nap... to make burning candle at both ends both possible AND pleasurable. Cheesy

in some mediteranean cultures it is, of course, the norm to have a siesta - dictated by avoiding the heat of the midday sunshine.  Its our northern european culture that has the obsession about the 8 hr work day - we are so used to the Puritan 'norm' that one almost feels guilty for taking a nap.  And yet, as you say, it really does make you much more productive if you have a chance to refresh during the day.

I quite often take 30 minutes or so in my office for just that.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »

Yep, grew up with that lovely post-main-meal-of-the-day nap whenever I visited fam in Greece. Delicious...even if you didn't actually sleep.

Said many times when I worked in corporate worls that they should have nap rooms...convinced it would increase productivity. And well-being. Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »

somehow I dont think they would be that enlightened  Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »

I find now that If I go to bed really late I feel hung over the next day...without the alcohol Undecided

Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »

I find now that If I go to bed really late I feel hung over the next day...without the alcohol Undecided
do you also sleep late to over-compensate? i know too much sleep can give a hangover for some people...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »

I try to be consistent with 8 hours but generally get 7 and half.... i will have to see if the days I feel hung over that I have slept longer than usual

Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »

I try to be consistent with 8 hours but generally get 7 and half.... i will have to see if the days I feel hung over that I have slept longer than usual
for me, i have experience that drugged or hungover feeling when i wake up without completing a sleep cycle, which for me is around 2 hours. so... as long as i sleep 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours, i'm right as rain. Smiley

i go with my natural rhythms in general, so it works out. but the few times i've woken mid-cycle... *blurgh*.  Tongue for a few minutos, anyway. Smiley
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2010, 11:08:38 PM »

for me, i have experience that drugged or hungover feeling when i wake up without completing a sleep cycle, which for me is around 2 hours. so... as long as i sleep 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours, i'm right as rain. Smiley

Interesting.  Mine must be 4 hours, because I found long ago that if I can't get a full night's sleep, it's better to sleep only 4 hours.  I can function the next day on four hours' sleep, but if it's between 5 and 7 hours, I'm useless.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2010, 06:44:32 AM »

then the next day you fall in a hole and have to sleep more... Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: