partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2015, 07:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116893 Posts in 1873 Topics by 224 Members
Latest Member: Hobby Dancer
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Professional (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Professional competitors and Age
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Professional competitors and Age  (Read 2886 times)
sandralw
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »

I can think of a few couples in the US that continued to compete later than most. Some switched partners a time or two (or more) during their careers and then later went on to dance Pro/Am which to me seems a heck of a lot more physically exhausting than Pro/Pro.  Especially for them men doing round after round, dance after dance at different levels with many different ladies ... UGH...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 06:15:35 AM »

I can think of a few couples in the US that continued to compete later than most. Some switched partners a time or two (or more) during their careers and then later went on to dance Pro/Am which to me seems a heck of a lot more physically exhausting than Pro/Pro.  Especially for them men doing round after round, dance after dance at different levels with many different ladies ... UGH...

Not for the faint of heart - which is why the top pros have a 'stable' of just a few top females.  They can charge a lot and not dance too much!  When I competed with Anton we had the problem that the pro-am championship was often close to the pro one - and he would worry about exhaustion (yup, I made him work!!  Smiley ) so we avoided comps where they were scheduled together.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 11:14:06 PM »

The other problem is injury alot of the pros develop back issues from lugging around partners that are not moving. Some of the ladies our teacher has to dance with are huge! Tongue  Not a pleasant thought

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 06:37:58 AM »

The other problem is injury alot of the pros develop back issues from lugging around partners that are not moving. Some of the ladies our teacher has to dance with are huge! Tongue  Not a pleasant thought
A teacher should never lug a student - it does the teacher harm and the student no good either.  If they are taught well then they will dance on their own sticks, if not well there really is very little you can do.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »

yes I agree, but seems to go hand in hand and I think some pros get tired of doing the same thing day in and out saying the same things day i and out must be ground hog day!

Dance Forum
Some guy
Silver

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »

The size of the lady, I believe is completely irrelevant: it's the level of training that counts.  If the man's idea of leading is tying a leash around the lady and dragging her around, then yes, it would be tiring.  If his idea of leading is suggesting a path and following while hanging on to dear life, a heavier lady is actually much more thrilling and easier to dance with than a lighter lady. 
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 12:22:26 AM »

The size of the lady, I believe is completely irrelevant: it's the level of training that counts.  If the man's idea of leading is tying a leash around the lady and dragging her around, then yes, it would be tiring.  If his idea of leading is suggesting a path and following while hanging on to dear life, a heavier lady is actually much more thrilling and easier to dance with than a lighter lady. 

Oh you sweet person I will have to mention that to my partner Tongue my ultra slim days are well behind me Cheesy

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: