partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2015, 07:44:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116593 Posts in 1859 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 63938 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1035 on: February 13, 2015, 03:27:13 AM »

It has to come back to the centre. people have to remember that you should only do moves that you can hold on your own.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1036 on: February 13, 2015, 06:03:13 AM »

It has to come back to the centre. people have to remember that you should only do moves that you can hold on your own.

Hold on your own?  I would have thought that would be better put as hold in the partnership?  There are many moves that can only be made if you are counterbalanced by your partner no?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1037 on: February 15, 2015, 07:06:53 AM »

Hold on your own?  I would have thought that would be better put as hold in the partnership?  There are many moves that can only be made if you are counterbalanced by your partner no?

That may be, but I am told to do all the routines on my own without the need of my partner. Doing one of those back bends wont work for me on my own.  I have been dancing with a different teacher and he is so light I  holding himself but not pushing or forcing me to go anywhere unlike when V & I dance we try too hard at times, but in saying that we are getting much better. I have improved my fitness a great walking at 6km an hour, I still cannot run or job, but I have made great inroads as 18 months ago my speed would have been 4km per hour.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1038 on: February 15, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »

Actually I think you are right - I'm beginning to forget - but I did do all the motions on my own centre - my partner only provided where they should be done and initiated the speed.  How soon we forget.

Not sure why I'm running this place any more Undecided

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #1039 on: February 15, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »

We have to do our routines on our own, beside each other and also together but with no arms.  Amazing how much you learn and how often you both move differently, depend on each other and so forth.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1040 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:07 AM »

yes the difficulty of good dancing is underestimated. those that make it look effortless have practiced many hours and the lucky few who managed to understand the relationship of connection with your partner much sooner than others...lucky you

Although I think the teachers you grow into also help. sometimes you just cant absorb advice in the beginning and you have to crawl before you walk Cheesy

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1041 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »

Actually I think you are right - I'm beginning to forget - but I did do all the motions on my own centre - my partner only provided where they should be done and initiated the speed.  How soon we forget.

well it is like riding a bike, if you can get to get back on the floor it will come back very quickly.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1042 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:37 PM »

well it is like riding a bike, if you can get to get back on the floor it will come back very quickly.

I guess it could happen - probably after I retire and get bored!

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: