partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 02:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68 Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 53975 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »

dancing 'not bad'... oh dear, doesn't sound so good....

my seamstress was up for 9 hours the night before I left getting those few feathers on.  Do you know of a short cut to cutting and tying - I mean does anyone sell the little clusters?

Thannks for the suggestion on the V neck - my other dress is not but has dropped shoulders and the neck looks longer - but the shoulders look wider too Undecided

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2009, 10:04:55 PM »

On the ballance thats true MK - but I have never been able to hold frame as well as in this comp - I think I do it as well as anyone and it gives us a look of stability.  However, I am really glad you can't see a video of the friday comp - I was so tense I'm not sure I was ever IN ballance!

This is Anton and my first comp together and I am just over the moon with this tape - I know I have a long way to go but this captures the best of me - as well as I can dance at this time, no excuses.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »

By the way, I will take to heart what you said about the neck - I am not blessed with a long one even if I do manage to extend all the time - not like some of the ostriches out ther Wink  thus any trick I can do with the outfit is a great idea, so thanks for the V neck...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10:51 PM »

I have a long neck and spent a lifetime it seems trying to make it look shorter.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2009, 10:17:12 PM »

nice going elise!  well danced . got all kinds of comments if you want them but they are free and thus not worth anything. I enjoyed watching you perform .... not anton
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2009, 10:21:40 PM »

You have improved and the more you work with Anton the better you will get.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2009, 10:29:11 PM »

gosh it takes a lot of courage to post video results of ones dancing. cant say that for some of the pros that post here . would like to see their dancing
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:31 PM »

thanks guys - and I take the critque in the positive spirit it is given so don't be afraid to lay it on Smiley  As said, the video captures the best I can dance at this time - thats why I have no issue with showing it, its me.  Besides, if you don't share the journey who will know when you reach a destination?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:19 PM »

It takes a lot to put it out there and I applaud those who do.  I guess for the Pros they do not feel the need to do so but it would be nice to see them dance.

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:38 PM »

I'm not supposed to worry about the destination.  Pro will tell me when we get there.  or maybe if.  Wink
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »

That's how I look at it Elise.  I am what I am.  When people come up and ask us what level we are I always tell them we are what you see. 

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2009, 03:58:19 AM »

It takes a lot to put it out there and I applaud those who do.  I guess for the Pros they do not feel the need to do so but it would be nice to see them dance.
I have heard pros say that they would love to be on youtube but feel it is inappropriate for them to do it themselves - it would be arrogant.  In a way I understand, its sort of saying, here I am I do it best - a winning way on the comp floor but not off it.

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2009, 04:14:46 PM »

I think i have video of most of our pros doign proam stuff on my youtube account, and one showdance with FP and an old partner.  I have no compunction about putting pros from either of my studios out there for everyone to be impressed by.  Smiley
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »

Well, it looks like the private lessons are making a lot of difference. Today at the comp DP and I came first in all of out events. Half of these were against other social dancers (not sure we can claim that title anymore...) and half were against bronze, silver, and gold medallists. I'm very very happy.
We are going to do the next comp in social too (we are accumulating points for a prize, and they have to all be in the same division) but next year we are moving into either bronze or silver, depending on whether we have to do bronze first or not.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »

WOW!
Congrats.
Don't move up too fast - I know its tempting but it means you don't have time to focus any longer on the basics...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: