partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:22:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116403 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 44098 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #960 on: February 20, 2013, 07:07:36 AM »

I have said this many times that social people like to see people they can relate to. 

Probably to deaf ears.... Meanwhile the social studios do their own thing...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #961 on: February 21, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »

well what ever they decided to do they better do it quick!.... they all cant keep doing what they are doing as it is not working. We are trying to get a Youth development program off the ground and gosh that is hard to get schools enthused :-/

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #962 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:14 AM »

I'm looking to do the same thing in Ontario down the road.  Start a Collegiate type of circuit.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #963 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:01 AM »

I'm looking to do the same thing in Ontario down the road.  Start a Collegiate type of circuit.

Did you go to the ontario closed R?  Any interesting results?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #964 on: March 06, 2013, 12:44:23 AM »

Yes I did.  We danced though I was very tenative.  I got through all the dances in both rounds though I was certainly not competitive and we didn't do well which was expected.
People were asking where the warm-up floor was and there was a few issues but nothing major. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #965 on: March 06, 2013, 06:40:13 AM »

Well congrats on getting back on the floor R - the confidence will come.  I was absolutely terrified before the first heat at Montreal and I'm pleased with our dancing - but there is so much to work on before we're really competetitive again.  Big thing really is that I want to try...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #966 on: March 07, 2013, 02:00:57 AM »

Yep, we are both in the same boat.  We have both been off for quite some time and it is getting not just the body but the mind back on track.  When I was doing the costume checks I was on my feet for four hours and my foot started to bother me.  I was having to limp to get back to my room on the break which really shattered my confidence that my foot would hold out.  I was really starting to think my competitive dancing days were going to crash to a halt.  When I went out I was so cautious that my DP could only get half way down the floor with our one side and everyone was passing us by.  I decided I just had to try and put it aside but I could not get the worry out of my head that I just may not be ready.  It had been over a year since I danced 5 dances in a row slow let alone to music and I would only do one side of the Quickstep or V. W and that was not up to music at all.  So by completing all 5 dances in a row two times up to time without having to stop I have to put it down to a win though not a competitive one.

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #967 on: March 07, 2013, 02:57:48 AM »

It is tough to get back that confidence if you have not been on the floor for awhile. Your partner needs to encourage you without putting pressure on and that is difficult.....
I still limp and I don't even know that I do it. I cannot dance without any straps or tapes. But slowly slowly I am getting better and each time we train my DP says I feel lighter so that gives me the confidence to  give a bit more.

Don't be too hard on yourself and see yourself dancing your best...and it will happen Cheesy

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #968 on: April 08, 2013, 12:54:26 AM »

I know it is going to take a few comps at least to start to get better.  Everything is getting better but I would not say I am competitive yet.  My partner does get impatiient which makes it hard but I am coming along which is all that is important.  I don't get the pains like I used to though I still find myself standing on the outside edges of my feet but I know it is only from habit when I did it to relieve some of the pain.   

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #969 on: April 29, 2013, 05:15:37 AM »

Well we are just back from the KiWi Classic...We had good results in our modern we won both age divisions for seniors I & II which was great. Competition in Sentiors I was stronger than two, but you don't know that until you get there.

We did not win our NV which is not surprising as it is not our strongest at the moment, I find it more challenging with my legs I just dont have the power to lower and drive which is needed. But I will work on it so we can turn our second places to a win next time.

But over all we did the best we could do and  our modern/standard we were very happy with.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #970 on: April 29, 2013, 05:51:15 AM »

congrats Q - sounds like a great trip Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #971 on: May 02, 2013, 12:34:15 AM »

Great results QPO!!!!  I know how you feel, I am getting the balance back but it is getting the strength and stamina that I did before that I am working on.  I would say my injuries are 90% healed so by the new season I should be better.  I'm not going to complain, it could be worse.

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #972 on: May 02, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »

Well we are just back from the KiWi Classic...We had good results in our modern we won both age divisions for seniors I & II which was great. Competition in Sentiors I was stronger than two, but you don't know that until you get there.

We did not win our NV which is not surprising as it is not our strongest at the moment, I find it more challenging with my legs I just dont have the power to lower and drive which is needed. But I will work on it so we can turn our second places to a win next time.

But over all we did the best we could do and  our modern/standard we were very happy with.

I'm not sure why, but I didn't realize that New Vogue and standard were judged at the same competitions. I thought that the two dance families were kept separate.  I guess you learn something every day.  Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #973 on: May 03, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »

I'm not sure why, but I didn't realize that New Vogue and standard were judged at the same competitions. I thought that the two dance families were kept separate.  I guess you learn something every day.  Smiley

Hello and welcome to PDO....   We have all three style at every comp.....a bit more variety Cheesy

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #974 on: May 03, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »

Its rather like smooth/standard and latin/rhythm in the arctic hemisphere... Wink

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: