partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116384 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 43904 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #945 on: February 10, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »

Danced better today and enjoyed ourself. Well I did cant speak for V. MANAGED TO GET ROUND THE FLOOR MUCH BETTER. (sorry for the caps). So muchnto catch up on when we get home.....heading back shortly to watch the pros. Mirko is back on the floor with Edita and against Paulo Bosco.....should be a great night.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #946 on: February 10, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »

Danced better today and enjoyed ourself. Well I did cant speak for V. MANAGED TO GET ROUND THE FLOOR MUCH BETTER. (sorry for the caps). So muchnto catch up on when we get home.....heading back shortly to watch the pros. Mirko is back on the floor with Edita and against Paulo Bosco.....should be a great night.
this is an official competition or just one for the comp??

this is even weirder becaues Paulo Bosco retired in 2011 - but then returned with a new partner, the accomplished Joanne Clifton a few months ago.  So are Mirko and Edita back officially?
... we need a headliner!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #947 on: February 11, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »

This post comes from us stuck in a plane by snow! Been here for four hours now. Will be annoying if we end up having to get off.
The news is correct regarding Mirko and Edita. I wondr#er if it was a strategic move when they announced their retirement? He would have been banned for dancing WDSF events, so they would have to waited their time before retuening to the floor. The contest was electric between Mirko and Paulo Bosco.
I never realised that ballroom dancing could be such a cat and mouse tactical event but it was brillant and Mirko rattled Paulo big time danicng arou dhim in the veninese waltz and through him quickstep. Paulo shook his finger at the  chair of adjudicatior and  Mirko vot chatted to.
The crowd was noisy like a soccer game, could not hear the music properly! When fhey announched the winner it almost brought down the roof.

V took some great photos and i took video, whenwe get home we will upload them

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #948 on: February 11, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »

Great story and account Q Smiley thanks, wish I could have seen that...
ee

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #949 on: February 15, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »

Big day - competing for the first time since 2010 and with Chris since 2006.  Actually, our last dance was when we won a dancesport series event here at the Classique. 

Was pleased with our 5 single dances coming 2,3,3,3,4 out of 4 or 5 couples.  Considering we had the Senior pro-am world champion in the heats these were pretty respectable, in particular the 2nd in the QS - my worst dance (go figure).  The multidance events where the last things in the evening and didn't happen til about 2 am!  I thought I danced well in the gold 3 dance but did not place out of 4 couples (er, yes we came last) and got rather down as the Chris's other two couples both were doing very well.  But then they announced the last but one dancesport series event - a 4 couple schollarship - and we won!!

It was a bit like a mini- B movie, girl gets dance, girl looses dance then girl cleans up Cheesy 

I'm very happy indeed, everything came together.  Not only that but this compwas vey important for me as I have been debating giving up competing because of the pressures of  my other interests - and work (a real bane right now).  What this tells me is that yes, I can still do it and maybe I should not give up on something that is so good for me (physically) and I seem to be OK at. 

By the way, kudos really go to my sensational teacher and dance partner Chris Sochnacki.  He is truly a brilliant pro-am partner.

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #950 on: February 16, 2013, 01:11:31 AM »

Well done. It surprises us sometimes which dances we think will work well and which ones don't. QS I always feels is my worst dance and yet the teachers often say it is not too bad!

Glad for you that it went so well, and if you dont have to give it up why should you? Movement is such a wonderful thing and to music with a partner...it is just brilliant.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #951 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57:51 AM »

.......if you dont have to give it up why should you? Movement is such a wonderful thing and to music with a partner...it is just brilliant.
all of the above - but dance takes time and money - pro-am takes less time (you can't afford the practise rates) but it takes a heck of a lot more money...  I'm overextended and don't know what to cut!

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #952 on: February 16, 2013, 02:08:30 AM »

.......if you dont have to give it up why should you? Movement is such a wonderful thing and to music with a partner...it is just brilliant.
all of the above - but dance takes time and money - pro-am takes less time (you can't afford the practise rates) but it takes a heck of a lot more money...  I'm overextended and don't know what to cut!

that is a problem and decisions have to be made....its time to bring out the paper and do the pros and cons test Cheesy and see which one is the winner

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #953 on: February 16, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »

that is a problem and decisions have to be made....its time to bring out the paper and do the pros and cons test Cheesy and see which one is the winner
I don't think P&P is going to solve this one.  I just want it all!  Lets see, currently I sleep about 6 hrs, if I cut that back t. 4.5... Shocked

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #954 on: February 17, 2013, 06:48:24 AM »

I uploaded the whole heat - no edits, promise!  Best bit I think is right at the end of the foxtrot ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm0z3XBvdyk&feature=youtu.be

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #955 on: February 17, 2013, 11:53:28 PM »

So glad to see that you are back in action ee!!   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #956 on: February 18, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »

So glad to see that you are back in action ee!!   
Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #957 on: February 19, 2013, 01:12:37 AM »

The Ontario Dancesport is going to bring out some more competitions.  They are going to be focused on fun and be for the non-open levels.  The first one is going to be at your old stomping grounds ee, The Westway.  If everyone likes it we are going to hold a few more.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #958 on: February 19, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »

The Ontario Dancesport is going to bring out some more competitions.  They are going to be focused on fun and be for the non-open levels.  The first one is going to be at your old stomping grounds ee, The Westway.  If everyone likes it we are going to hold a few more.

Perhaps they could have a showcase or two - by other (open level) amateurs.  I think social dancers like to see dancers that they can relate to (i.e. in their age group) dancing at the highest level.  The idea that people only want to see the elite (pro or am champions) is plainly wrong.  You could even have some pro-am couples - this makes dancing reachable for the audience - the others are like watching Njinski do ballet...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #959 on: February 20, 2013, 02:08:19 AM »

I have said this many times that social people like to see people they can relate to. 

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: