partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116434 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 45362 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #990 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:51 PM »

Good stuff - results always depends on who else shows up of course - and thats critical with a small comp.  If they happen to be champions, well best to be seen at their level Smiley

But what do yo mean by 'catching them up' did you get some 1st placings in the scoring?

well these dancers have been dancing for 198 years at top level not including their social experience,. we started social dancing in 2005 and then moved to comp dancing in 2009. We are now making finals consistently. the next comp in Canberra will be interesting, fields are normally much stronger we did make the standard final last year. so will see if we can replicate that this year. But I do know of a few dancers that had a break last year and are back on the floor so will see. We will do our very best.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #991 on: November 20, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »

Since this last posting we have done several interstate competitions with varying results. most of which we make a final which is great.  If we make a final we are generally the 6 or 7th Place.

Which is fine as it is a progression.

The last few comps have been on very small floors and this has not suited us very well particularly for our modern. Even so we have dance well and everyone else is in the same boat. having said that. to eliminate any injuries they split the heats down to a maximum of five people. Which is good or bad and for us it did not work out well. in the early rounds we were marked back by all judges but when we got to the semi the still broke it down into three heats with four in each heat. having said that our heat had all the favourites and we did not get marked back for any dance. I did make a boo boo in the Tango and my coach said well it is only once dance, so I felt bad all day  only to find out when they put up the results that we did not get marked back for any dance.

Same for our New Vogue we only got 4 marks. Have no idea why, but you move forward a nd go back to the drawing board. When I do speak about it V thinks I come across as sour grapes but that was not my intention, I was genuinely surprised. If I dances like C%%% then I deserve it  but when a Judge comes up and says see you in the finals later you think hmmmm. 

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #992 on: November 20, 2013, 10:22:10 PM »

I often felt that the way we danced had no relationship to how we scored.  I remember one comp where we danced our best ever and came last and then screwed up everythiung possible and came first!  Perhaps the judges were looking for improvisation!!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #993 on: November 21, 2013, 06:30:45 AM »

Well I dont know anymore.. I can second guess, so I dance for the audience and if they enjoy it well all well and good.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #994 on: November 21, 2013, 08:00:41 AM »

best way of all.  I mean what do judges know anyway? Cheesy

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #995 on: April 25, 2014, 08:36:44 AM »

We have just done tow major competitions in tow weeks with one having three days of dancing in a row. On each occasion barr one day so three out of four days we have made it through to finals.

I have seen some of the other dancers and though gosh do we dance worse than that. and we must do! Cheesy  I have finally got to see some video and photos and some are good and others are not. you feel that you are progressing and the photos and video show that any improvement is only small.

but there is improvement, now that I have seen some video I can work on improvements. We will film as many training sessions as possible and hope that this will increase the improvement.

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #996 on: April 25, 2014, 08:38:06 AM »

in the last competition  we got a 4th in New vogue in the QLD open, then 8th in the 8 Dance, and in the new event the closed Australian we got 5th in both Ballroom and New Vogue.

Very Happy with our results. to be 5th in Australia for Ballroom Cheesy

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #997 on: April 25, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »

in the last competition  we got a 4th in New vogue in the QLD open, then 8th in the 8 Dance, and in the new event the closed Australian we got 5th in both Ballroom and New Vogue.

Very Happy with our results. to be 5th in Australia for Ballroom Cheesy
Congrats Smiley  you're 5th out of all the competitors that were on the floor AND all those that weren't Cheesy

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #998 on: April 25, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »

that is it.  There were reasonable numbers but not all the usual suspects. but at least the judges get to know us and overtime should see our improvements

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #999 on: April 29, 2014, 04:43:05 AM »

Congrats QPO, keep up the good work.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1000 on: August 11, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »

We have now done two comps in a row  The first one was a small local comp and we did not place at all.  It was so disappointing as we dance very well. We always seem to be the public favorite and the comments come back saying  I dont know why you dont place you are the only ones on the floor that dance with such passion. We were so annoyed that we said perhaps we wont dance the local ones any more if they are going to judge that way.

some vindication was that on the week-end just gone we danced in Tasmania and the couple that beat us  at home did not touch us interstate.  But still the results did not again reflect our dancing.  We made both finals for the styles that we do but placed 6 for the Standard and 5th for the New Vogue.  Again I had a competitor come up to me and ask if I was  happy with the results and I said well I cant see the others dance so I dont know, I thought we dance well? He said well I placed you second you danced very well. Another couple came up and said you were robbed. When we looked at the results again one of our local judges was at that comp and again marks us down over her own couples she had three on the floor and other couple that goes to her studio for lessons when they come to our state, they all got the first four marks so the best we got was 5 and then other judges from one state did the same and judges from another area all gave us good marks. So you just dont know how to take that. Undecided  I will just keep doing what I do and have to rely on our coaches, I cant see why I need to shop around have have lessons with eveyone just to get their vote. I either dance good enough or not.

Still we made two finals so I am proud of that  Cool

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1001 on: August 11, 2014, 11:31:38 AM »

You have to have the attitude that you do your best and the judges have to live with their consciences.  The real problem of course is the organizations that do not warn judges about favoritism.

I've always held that every judge should have to list every couple on the floor that they have given lessons to or been paid for services in the last, say 3 months.  That alone would do wonders to the judging levels, in particular at local comps.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: