partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:46:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 42383 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #915 on: November 27, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »

Perhaps your coach has seen you too many times and no longer sees the problem.  Sometimes a fresh eye helps.

Yup.  Post a vid. Roll Eyes

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #916 on: November 28, 2011, 05:51:52 AM »

Perhaps your coach has seen you too many times and no longer sees the problem.  Sometimes a fresh eye helps.

Yup.  Post a vid. Roll Eyes
next time I will try and get someone to film it......we had a chat with him tonight and he said that the man strenghting his top line more would be a big help. sometime he looks tired! Roll Eyes Like I said you have to stay in frame and consistently, but he would say that it is because I get heavy so i will need to work on myself as well so I cannot be the reason  he feels that way

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #917 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »

Ah.  Thats awfully familiar!!  I have to work on the same thing - one key iis to extend the legs backward and not tip backwards when he's moving forward.  But thats my issue....

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #918 on: December 14, 2011, 06:27:48 AM »

well now that the dust has settled on the Aussies. I can announce that we did win Level 4 new Vogue in Masters II. But just by the skin of our teeth. We got it on a count back.. One of the judges is a local judge for us and when we are on the floor he puts us last behind the worst dancer on the floor (long story). Funny when other judges give you 1, 2's and he gives you a six...I think he did his darnedest for us not to win, but thankfully he was not successful. so we have to make our dancing so much better so that cant happen again!

We did not have the results we wanted in the open. We just missed out in getting into the second round for new vogue and modern. they marked us well for the waltz and foxtrot but did not like our tango and quickstep.

Even so we are proud of ourselves to have gone from the bottom to the top ranking in less than three years. Now we have to climb to the top of the top level....

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #919 on: December 14, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »

Congrats Q.  Whats particularly interesting in dancesport is that a small change in your dancing - something like holding your head at the wrong angle or forgetting to bring your feet together when needed - can have a devastating effect on results.  OTOH when fixed the opposite happens so you can flip from last to first place (and vice versa).  Youhave to keep your eye on the trend line.

Why not ask that judge why s/he marked you so hard?  While its obviously possible that there is a personal (unfounded) bias, its also possible that there is something, such as above, that they hate and once they see you a few times thats all they can notice.  Its deja vu for me since we had very similar issues with local judges.  Its only now after the partnership has ended that I've come to realize the judges really DID have a point, a couple of irritating flaws that they simply could not get past.

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #920 on: December 15, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »

Congrats Q.  Whats particularly interesting in dancesport is that a small change in your dancing - something like holding your head at the wrong angle or forgetting to bring your feet together when needed - can have a devastating effect on results.  OTOH when fixed the opposite happens so you can flip from last to first place (and vice versa).  Youhave to keep your eye on the trend line.

Why not ask that judge why s/he marked you so hard?  While its obviously possible that there is a personal (unfounded) bias, its also possible that there is something, such as above, that they hate and once they see you a few times thats all they can notice.  Its deja vu for me since we had very similar issues with local judges.  Its only now after the partnership has ended that I've come to realize the judges really DID have a point, a couple of irritating flaws that they simply could not get past.

I have heard of that too...he has things that he just hates but in this case I think it is more than that.....we will work on fixing all the things that should not happen we you are at open level...to give me no reason to mark us down for that. Cheesy

Dance Forum
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #921 on: February 04, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »

I am happy to let all of you know that time off, new routines and a new outlook/idea make a difference.
Just returned from Maryland Dancesport with a 2nd in the open smooth scholarship - and some 1st places in the single dances.
All of this with a new waltz, new sections and new feelings about 'how'.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #922 on: February 05, 2012, 12:55:19 AM »

I am happy to let all of you know that time off, new routines and a new outlook/idea make a difference.
Just returned from Maryland Dancesport with a 2nd in the open smooth scholarship - and some 1st places in the single dances.

Fabulous... glad it worked out well for you  Grin

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #923 on: February 05, 2012, 03:51:34 AM »

Awesome!!!  Congratuations.  Perhaps you could expand on the 'how' Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #924 on: February 07, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »

Congrats Skipper, keep it up.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #925 on: April 09, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »

Just had our annual two day local competitions. We competed both days unlike other locals who only did one... Mixed results. Did not make any finals and I feel that is a deserved thing. we did not dance up to the standard of a final.... Why?Huh is another thing does our committee work interfere? on the actual weekend we don’t get bogged down with the running of the comp but we sure do quite a bit before the actual event. Does this have an effect???

We had lessons with one of Australia top NV dancers and he was very happy with our improvement. yet I have see pictures and some video and I am not happy.. Asking another interstate coach he said do want my true opinion or your mothers opinion Tongue   so we said of course your honest opinion and he felt that there was too much arms going on and he could not read the story in our dance.....

In our Standard I felt it felt much better and we certainly were getting good distance across the floor but yet again we did not make a final. a friend has done some filming for us so I will look at that with interest.

People say it looks good but I see photos and am not happy with how it looks… now that we are in the top level we have to do much better to be competitive otherwise it will always just be first rounds and then out!.

On a positive note we did win an event for local couples only.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #926 on: April 09, 2012, 09:16:48 AM »

Thats a very forthright account Q.  Which is always the start of fixing things.  Perhaps you guys have worked too hard recently working on technique.  It might be a good idea to let up on the lessons now and focus on just dancing and relaxing.  A foot here or a more fancy step is not going to get you noticed as much as a happy couple who move with grace and musicality accross the floor.

Smiley

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #927 on: May 20, 2012, 06:10:56 AM »

hello all. managed to find a truckstop with some wifi. Luxembourg comp was an interesting one. I has forgotten that WDSF events have 2 minute rounds.
which would normally not be a problem but since there was mostly masters dancing and we did both masters II and III the time on and off the floor was very short you did not have time t catc your breath. masters III results were worse as we danced them last. have yo move on so will complee this post later.
ciao

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #928 on: May 20, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »

hello all. managed to find a truckstop with some wifi. Luxembourg comp was an interesting one. I has forgotten that WDSF events have 2 minute rounds.
which would normally not be a problem but since there was mostly masters dancing and we did both masters II and III the time on and off the floor was very short you did not have time t catc your breath. masters III results were worse as we danced them last. have yo move on so will complee this post later.
ciao
...following your trails... both here and on FB

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #929 on: May 30, 2012, 01:30:32 AM »

Let us know how it goes Q.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: