partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 05:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 43962 times)
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 02:12:27 AM »

nah i wasn't in it, but i did see u guys dance it! ur DP was the guy that was sitting next 2 u in the presentations isn't he? if it was then i saw u dance but didn't realise it :S

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 03:33:02 AM »

Haha, yeah that's him.
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 03:39:26 AM »

Lioness, when I first saw you on the floor, I wasn't sure whether it's you or not. You look very different to the photo you sent me. You looked beautiful yesterday!  Smiley Then I searched up your number in the book and confirmed that it's you!

Zac, I couldn't recognise you at all. I saw someone with afro, but his is dark brown. So I didn't think that was you. Did you see me dance?

We came 1st in Adult level 2 New Vogue, came 2nd in Adult level 3 New Vogue which was in the evening program, and came 3rd in Adult level 2 Standard.  Smiley
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 03:42:54 AM »

nah i didn't get to see u SwingWaltz, i was looking out but unfortunately i had to leave because of family, when the photos are put online i'll stick one in the aussie thread! congrats on the great results!

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 06:11:23 AM »

Thanks Swingwaltz. I'm not so good with photos.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 06:49:18 AM »

Congrats Zac.

We just made finals of both USA Dance national and NDCA Natioanl open amateur standard - 4th in NDCA nats, and 6th in USA Dance Nats.
you guys are really on a roll!  great to have a couple on board that we can be groupies for Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 06:51:36 AM »

Its useful, if you want to put your results in context, to also list the number of competitors.  I will always write 1/2 couples or 32/36 Tongue

I try to be brutally honest with my results - bad results are bad ones and thats OK we all have them but only by sharing those can we see the progress - and progress will happen....

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 07:52:47 AM »

I'm not entirely sure about the number of competitors I had, but I think it would have been above 10 most of the time. maybe 12-15.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 09:36:39 AM »

i'll share mine from the weekend Smiley this was at the Crown International Championships (Australia)
Bronze best Gent Cha Cha - 1st
Bronze best Gent Merrylin - 2nd
Bronze best Gent Waltz - 2nd

Zac

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 10:01:57 AM »

Congrats Zac.

We just made finals of both USA Dance national and NDCA Natioanl open amateur standard - 4th in NDCA nats, and 6th in USA Dance Nats.

Congratulations, standarddancer (and partner!). 

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 04:57:59 AM »

We've just come back from a competition today. I ended up with a heck of a lot of firsts, 2 seconds, and two thirds. One of those firsts was a mass solo merrilyn, with about 25-30 people in it. DP ended up with mostly seconds I think, then first, then thirds. He kept getting beaten by our two new boys, who have both had dance training prior to ballroom.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 06:51:43 AM »

We've just come back from a competition today. I ended up with a heck of a lot of firsts, 2 seconds, and two thirds. One of those firsts was a mass solo merrilyn, with about 25-30 people in it. DP ended up with mostly seconds I think, then first, then thirds. He kept getting beaten by our two new boys, who have both had dance training prior to ballroom.

He needs good instruction.  Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »

Sounds odd to me to have different results for yourself and your partner, I mean do they look at half of the couple Tongue  Obviously you change partners but can you describe how this works (sorry if I missed it elsewhere or just don't remember)? 

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »

Sounds odd to me to have different results for yourself and your partner, I mean do they look at half of the couple Tongue  Obviously you change partners but can you describe how this works (sorry if I missed it elsewhere or just don't remember)? 

At our level they judge the boys and girls seperately. We're still medallist. Once you get up to registered they judge as a couple.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 05:41:50 AM »

At our level they judge the boys and girls separately. We're still medallist. Once you get up to registered they judge as a couple.

Not always true, they also have  competitions where they judge registered couples individually, you both have a number and they do one round judge the man, and then he rolls up his number and then they do it again and judge the women.

I think their idea is that one part of the partnership may be more dominate that the other and at least the individual can have success rather than the couple never winning anything because of the weakest link.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: