partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 12:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116434 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competition results of PDOers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67 Print
Author Topic: Competition results of PDOers  (Read 45314 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: April 14, 2009, 02:48:06 AM »

How did it go?  Please share your results here - we all want to hear.  What was the competition?  The heat?  How many couples were there?  What was your placing?  And why did you get the result you did?  A little crowing is fine - else why are we competing?  And a few excuses are equally so Smiley

Remember to be sensitive because your victory may be another PDOers loss so please focus on what YOU did not the rest of field.

ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:38:59 PM »

i'll share mine from the weekend Smiley this was at the Crown International Championships (Australia)
Bronze best Gent Cha Cha - 1st
Bronze best Gent Merrylin - 2nd
Bronze best Gent Waltz - 2nd

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »

i'll share mine from the weekend Smiley this was at the Crown International Championships (Australia)
Bronze best Gent Cha Cha - 1st
Bronze best Gent Merrylin - 2nd
Bronze best Gent Waltz - 2nd

Zac

That's great!  Good for you!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 12:39:21 AM »

Congratulations Zac!

I do have a question for you though.  What does a guy have to do to be considered for the "Best Gent" division?  It's a term that I've never heard before.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 12:48:43 AM »

Congrats Zac.

We just made finals of both USA Dance national and NDCA Natioanl open amateur standard - 4th in NDCA nats, and 6th in USA Dance Nats.

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 12:52:25 AM »

In Australia (not sure if its done this way elsewhere) before you become registered, most compete in a section called "medallist", these have specific syllabus steps for each level.  For most comps "medallist" is split for best male, best female and best couple but for some reason this comp only had best male/female so thats what i competed in. Hope that helps!

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:02:11 AM »

This may be the case lower down, we have not done medals. We have gone straight into competing. I can see the benefits  though that they say start social and move into full registration. At lest it gives people expereince and exposure without hopefully the nerves :-)

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 01:06:46 AM »

there are still plenty of nerves! i should be registered with the next 6 months or so i think...

Zac

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 01:18:28 AM »

Also at the Crown, we were in the Adult bronze section as well, though they seperated them into private lessons and group lessons.
In the group lessons section I got into the finals for most (they had tap-backs) and managed to get a first place in the non-winners New Vogue section (evening three). DP got two firsts and two thirds. I think the firsts were in Waltz and Merrilyn, and the Thirds in Cha Cha and Evening three. He also made the finals for most.
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »

did you do the class or private lesson section lioness?

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 01:25:28 AM »

The group lessons section. I get the feeling competition was a little less strict there, though the non-winners section was where I won.
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 01:30:16 AM »

ah, so i didn't compete against you after all! apparantly the guy i came 2nd to was a friend of SwingWaltz's

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 01:49:17 AM »

The only time we competed agaist you was in the non-winners section, and then it was against DP because your partner is the age group under us.
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 01:52:11 AM »

we didn't do non winners, because the only one they had was in the class section, as we had been competing in the private section all day we decided it wouldn't be the right thing to do

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 02:08:29 AM »

Oh..I thought I saw you in one of them. having said that, I thought it was both categories put together. I think it should have been.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: