partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 07:07:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116515 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Greetings!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 3122 times)
dancing1
pre-bronze

Sr. Championship

« on: September 29, 2009, 07:24:02 PM »

My husband and I have been dancing together competitively about 8 years now - we both had previous competitive partners before.  We dance Sr. Championship Standard.  We met because of dancing, but didn't dance together other than socially before we were married. (He wanted to make sure a dancing partnership wouldn't wreck the relationship!) We are currently practicing 2 new numbers for a show in November, a tango and a waltz/quickstep medley. 

I was recommend to this board by a lovely lady who comes to my town occasionaly to teach and our amateur association has invited her back to judge at the NW Danceport Championships, so we were corresponding.

So hello to all you dancers!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »

welcome on board D1 lovely to have you here - maybe your partner/husband (I put those in order of importance Cheesy) will join us too.

And I have a sneaky suspiciou who the lovely lady is, she's a mentor and friend to us all ...
ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »

Welcomr D1! Great to have you aboard

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »

Well, thats a personal abbreviation that seems to have stuck quickly Smiley

ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »

I couldn't think of anything else Roll Eyes

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »

what you coined it too?? If you look at the post before your's you will see that I coined the same one - obviously its meant to be Smiley

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 12:42:41 AM »

Welcome D1!! I hope you enjoy it here and much as I do! Looking forward to your posts!

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 05:38:33 AM »

Welcome D1, My partner and I also dance Seniors although we call it Masters here :-) which I think is much nicer..... welcome to our board and hope you enjoy your time.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
dancing1
pre-bronze

Sr. Championship

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »

Yes, I like the sound of Masters better as well!  Especially since the age cut off is 35! Not my idea of "senior"! 

Welcome D1, My partner and I also dance Seniors although we call it Masters here :-) which I think is much nicer..... welcome to our board and hope you enjoy your time.
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »

I wouldn't even call 45 a senior age.  We changed it to Adult 2 and 3 here and that made far more sense.  Too bad they were forced to change the names back to Senior 1 and 2.  Not alot of thought went into the rules and names of age categories I think. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:30:04 PM by Rugby » Logged

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »

we have 3 masters categories here - over 35 and up to 50 is Masters 1 and 50 and up is Masters 2.  Sometimes they have Grand Masters events - usually they make it the age of the 2 people has to be more than 120  Grin mummsie
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »

Welcome on board dancing1.  If your DP comes on board we can call him dancing2.

Oh yeah, I'm Rugby the sarcastic one.  I was raised on Monty Python and other British comedies so I'm a product of my t.v. upbringing.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 04:46:13 AM »

that and road kill apparently.  when ARE you going to get rid of that horrid thing Undecided

bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »

Welcome D1! Look forward to seeing your posts here.
Can't wait for D2 to come on board as well  (insert silly star wars reference)  Tongue
dancing1
pre-bronze

Sr. Championship

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »

LOL!  I love it - I was just telling a friend of mine, you can do ballroom dancing until you die!  It's so great - you exercise your body and your mind! And meet wonderful people. Wink

we have 3 masters categories here - over 35 and up to 50 is Masters 1 and 50 and up is Masters 2.  Sometimes they have Grand Masters events - usually they make it the age of the 2 people has to be more than 120  Grin mummsie
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: