partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 05:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Unlearning
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Unlearning  (Read 4252 times)
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2009, 12:02:14 PM »

Thats cute M.  I wonder if we can adapt that for the other bits of anatomy too - like keeping the pelvis back etc
I'm sure it would.  We used to use a piece along the back of the neck to help remind us of proper head position too, so I have no doubt that it could be modified.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2009, 01:23:52 PM »

I used to use a rope, 4 coins and a couple of sticks to learn to keep the frame as a man.   

Yes, it did look hideous but I got the point in about a month so it did work. Tongue Roll Eyes  Shocked Wink Cheesy.....I was willing to do what my teacher told me to do and therefore learned it really fast. Didn't care what others were thinking.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »

I think I can picture the rope and sticks...but I'm not sure how the coins fit in with that apparatus.  ...or were they used on their own?

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »

I'll have to give that a try.  Our studio bought a frame trainer, but it's too small for me.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »

I'll have to give that a try.  Our studio bought a frame trainer, but it's too small for me.

Please do not use that devise. Angry I saw two people have serious accidents with that kind of devise. One fell backward and cracked open his skull and the other fell forward and broke his nose. They were strapped in and not able to break their fall. The reason I used rope and sticks was because if I were to fall, then no harm done.

DSV

Edward Teller
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2009, 05:50:15 PM »

I think I can picture the rope and sticks...but I'm not sure how the coins fit in with that apparatus.  ...or were they used on their own?

The rope was in a cross formation in front of my body and then gathered in my left hand, the stick was down my back and the coins were held between my fingers of the right hand. Cheesy

DSV

Edward Teller
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: