partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 09:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116515 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Power
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Power  (Read 3479 times)
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 12:09:16 PM »

It really all comes down to how you define 'Power'.

Are you meaning physical exhertion? Creation of space? Swing? Momentum? Centrafugal or Centripdial forces?

"Yes" Grin

I think with respect to humans anyway, true power comes from the same inner source, whaterver its manifestation...

Indeed the answer is "YES"!!

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
samina
Silver

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »

Thought I'd share something I came across:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au8u2_fWR14&feature=related 

"The better leader a man is, the less he will ever use a hand once" - Donnie Burns at 1:12 minute mark.
enjoyed this clip. love his message, that a woman needs to *invite* the lead.
drj
Bronze

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 07:50:33 PM »

Are you meaning physical exhertion? Creation of space? Swing? Momentum? Centrafugal or Centripdial forces?

"Yes" Grin

I think with respect to humans anyway, true power comes from the same inner source, whaterver its manifestation...

DSV

This discussion seems like it is crying out for Peter Ralston's insight.

"Intrinsic strength is simply the force that holds the tissues of the body together -- its inherent binding force. It works something like the force obtained from drawing a bow to shoot an arrow... The power that's available is not something the bow 'does' or creates -- it is inherent in the object itself, just as it is in the body. This 'strength' is already present in the tissues... We all have intrinsic strength, but learning to use it requires something like re-wiring the nervous system"
-- Zen Body-Being, p 116

(I read this passage for the umpteenth time this morning, but today, it jumped out at me, as such things so often do, when I am ready to receive the information.)

ancora imparo
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »

"Yes" Grin

DSV

This discussion seems like it is crying out for Peter Ralston's insight.

"Intrinsic strength is simply the force that holds the tissues of the body together -- its inherent binding force. It works something like the force obtained from drawing a bow to shoot an arrow... The power that's available is not something the bow 'does' or creates -- it is inherent in the object itself, just as it is in the body. This 'strength' is already present in the tissues... We all have intrinsic strength, but learning to use it requires something like re-wiring the nervous system"
-- Zen Body-Being, p 116

(I read this passage for the umpteenth time this morning, but today, it jumped out at me, as such things so often do, when I am ready to receive the information.)

very nice.. thanks
ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: