partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 11:52:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Stunned
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Stunned  (Read 1700 times)
Beachbum
Intermediate Bronze

« on: September 10, 2009, 01:52:45 PM »

My studio owner walked up to me while I was practicing this morning and asked what size jacket I wear.  I told him, he walked into the back room and then walked out and handed me a tailsuit.  Told me it should fit me fine and he had a bunch of them.

Aside from saying thank you, which I did, how does one respond to incredible generosity like that?

Yes.  Quite.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 02:26:47 PM »

A gracious acknowledgement when you do your next showcase Wink  Nothing better for a studio owner I think than to be lauded infront of his troupe...

Immediately?  Just a card I think is enough that expresses what you feel.

ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »

WOW!  What a nice man.  And congratulations to you Beachbum for earning his respect like that.

In addition to the suggestions above, be sure to show an added effort and determination during lessons, practice and performances.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:28:16 PM »

WOW!!!  You're doing something right, so whatever you're doing, don't stop!
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 08:46:27 AM »

yes I think he must think very highly of your ability or your potential... such a generous thing to do.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 03:30:50 AM »

Wish that'd happen to the partner- he NEEDS one with all the up and coming wimminfolk he has, but every time we think "Yay! Measure-time!" something comes up that is A Necessity.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:28:54 AM »

My studio owner walked up to me while I was practicing this morning and asked what size jacket I wear.  I told him, he walked into the back room and then walked out and handed me a tailsuit.  Told me it should fit me fine and he had a bunch of them.

Aside from saying thank you, which I did, how does one respond to incredible generosity like that?

dance like Fred Astaire  Wink

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 06:44:08 PM »

going through some old threads...and saw this one from beachbum...has anyone else had a stunned moment, which came out of left field?

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »

we often have coffee with dance friends during the week and we were sitting waiting for others to arrive when we notice another group of dancers just finishing their coffee...they came over to say hello. One of them has been dancing awhile and has a new partner and he was introducing her to us and said oh this is V & QPO (Smiley) they are lovely dancers......well we did not know what to say, but were very flattered.

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 11:15:28 PM »

So nice to have people come up and say things of this nature.  It validates all the hard work you go through to dance well.  We all need a pat on the back every now and then.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 04:52:21 AM »

So nice to have people come up and say things of this nature.  It validates all the hard work you go through to dance well.  We all need a pat on the back every now and then.

so true because most of the time we are so hard on ourselves. not noticing the improvement, it just becomes the new norm

Dance Forum
mayoz
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »

same thing happened to me,my teacher gave me a taisuit and said "good luck" when I moved to South Africa 20 years ago, I know the feeling !
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »

south africa?  You are obviously well travelled mayoz.... And do you still have the suit?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »

same thing happened to me,my teacher gave me a taisuit and said "good luck" when I moved to South Africa 20 years ago, I know the feeling !

Well if you come across Michael Wentick can you wrap him up and put him under my Christmas tree?

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 03:23:44 AM »

our friends are from South Africa and they are great dancers....been here for 15 years...  Grin

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: