partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2015, 11:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116797 Posts in 1866 Topics by 224 Members
Latest Member: Hobby Dancer
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  hot dance news (must have a source)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: hot dance news (must have a source)  (Read 15574 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2014, 12:30:56 AM »

But with a full panel the whims of one judge have little effect - thats the strength of the skating system of scoring (if you get 7/9 first places it matters naught if the other two judges marked you last).  But it does not affect a larger scale of collusion.  Just as in ice skating the judges can discuss results beforehand and agree on mutual interests.  Its almost impossible to stop.  You know of stories of judging sheets that were filled out before the heat began ....

you say that but that is not always true. we have it here that one judge may have three or four couples from his studio on the floor, the best you are ever going to get would be a 5th....that can have a devastating effect on your results if they do that across all dances.

In the last comp that I attended I saw the  results of that including that a second judge who is a visiting coach to that studio did the same thing. that day we did not make a final of STD in fact 12 out of 14 couples and yet the following day with a different panel they did not get in at all and we placed 4 & 5.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2014, 05:39:37 AM »

But with a full panel the whims of one judge have little effect - thats the strength of the skating system of scoring (if you get 7/9 first places it matters naught if the other two judges marked you last).  But it does not affect a larger scale of collusion.  Just as in ice skating the judges can discuss results beforehand and agree on mutual interests.  Its almost impossible to stop.  You know of stories of judging sheets that were filled out before the heat began ....

you say that but that is not always true. we have it here that one judge may have three or four couples from his studio on the floor, the best you are ever going to get would be a 5th....that can have a devastating effect on your results if they do that across all dances.

I'm saying it based on mathematics, not opinion.  Its based on a full-slate of judges - lets say 7.  If more than half (4) put you first (1, 1,1,1,6,6,6) then you are first regardless of how many last place scores you get from the rest.  This would not be the case if the scores were averaged in which case you could well come out in the middle of the pack.  That's the strength of the skating-system. 

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #197 on: January 01, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »

Domen Krapez and Monica Nigro split

Whats even more interesting is that they have new partners already - and look who!

Monica with Valerio Colantoni and Domen with Natascha Karabey.  Now there's a grand mixup.  It'll be interesting to see how the two couples fare...

[Source Dancesportinfo]

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »

Whats even more interesting is that they have new partners already - and look who!

Monica with Valerio Colantoni and Domen with Natascha Karabey.  Now there's a grand mixup.  It'll be interesting to see how the two couples fare...

[Source Dancesportinfo]

Yes I saw this posting on FB via Monica's page. I was very surprised but in the end if they are not a couple I find that they will move, they both with their long term partners have not improved in their rankings. So will be interesting to see how they fare. I look forward to seeing them dance.

Dance Forum
elam63
pre-bronze

« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2015, 04:11:05 PM »

[Source Dancesportinfo]

Yes I saw this posting on FB via Monica's page. I was very surprised but in the end if they are not a couple I find that they will move, they both with their long term partners have not improved in their rankings. So will be interesting to see how they fare. I look forward to seeing them dance.

I love Domen's new partnership. I saw Domen Krapez with Monica once at Emerald Ball. They were dancing in the same heat as Arunas. In VW, everybody was passing in front of me, but when Domen was passing, it felt a little bit different than anybody else, his action is slightly longer than others, so his VW didn't look so even timing. Hard to explain, but me and my partner both noticed that and both love that, plus he is so handsome.  Wink  I like Natasha too. The placing of her left hand is the most beautiful. She is very soft and flexible, moves like water. I thought they are perfect together. Hope they will get better ranking soon.

Have you seen this one?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGN5aNA5Ri4 
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #200 on: May 11, 2015, 05:23:31 AM »

Monica with Valerio Colantoni and Domen with Natascha Karabey.  Now there's a grand mixup.  It'll be interesting to see how the two couples fare...

[Source Dancesportinfo]

I love Domen's new partnership. I saw Domen Krapez with Monica once at Emerald Ball. They were dancing in the same heat as Arunas. In VW, everybody was passing in front of me, but when Domen was passing, it felt a little bit different than anybody else, his action is slightly longer than others, so his VW didn't look so even timing. Hard to explain, but me and my partner both noticed that and both love that, plus he is so handsome.  Wink  I like Natasha too. The placing of her left hand is the most beautiful. She is very soft and flexible, moves like water. I thought they are perfect together. Hope they will get better ranking soon.

Have you seen this one?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGN5aNA5Ri4 
Thanks for that - I love to read people's verbal translation of what they see - it makes you have to think about the reason you were affected and comes across most compellingly.  Surely the world champions must be tiring of keeping this up and will retire anon - it will be fascinating to see who steps into their place.  I just wish judging was more honest at the top - even world champions have off-days and they should not win unless they earn it every time.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2015, 05:27:16 AM »

The video is gorgeous!  They have so much balance and control that you can not detect any effort at balance and control.  Good catch - I wonder if we are looking at the future world champs...

good eye!

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »

I agree things have to be more fluid one couple cant always be the best.   

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2015, 08:53:27 AM »

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/815/725/986/bring-dancesport-to-the-tokyo-2020-olympics/?taf_id=13649416&cid=fb_na

came across this link about an online petition to support Dancesport for the Toyko Olympics in 2020. what has amazed me how slow it is to get  people to sign it. if it were football or soccer etc it would have had thousand by now.

I have plasted it across the pages I know and after 7 hours it has gone from 10 to 27, what is the matter with dancers? If we cant get 10,000 then we don't deserve to have it profiled, most bizzare.

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: