partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  hot dance news (must have a source)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print
Author Topic: hot dance news (must have a source)  (Read 12866 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2012, 03:09:29 AM »

[Eddit: irrelevant ee]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:59:42 AM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2012, 02:18:37 AM »

Well, I am going to delete my statement and put it this way to be more politicaly correct.  His couples competed in a competition overseas where they were not supposed to and he and they were told well ahead of time that if they did they would be sanctioned against by the WDSF.  They did anyways and they got sanctioned.  They knew what would happen and went with it and they have not complained nor expected or tried to enter either the OC or CCC.  So why the big deal on the Freedom to dance site making it sound like these top couples, which really at this point they are not, were being screwed for not being able to compete when this is not the case?  In my opinion only, I think they wanted to compete overseas in a compettion that they would not normally get to go into and since the chance of doing well at the CCC was slim they went with what they felt was the more enriching experience.  He should be happy for them that they had a good experience and time.  If he really wants to complain or show the WDSF his displeasure then why not say he is not going to judge in anymore WDSF comps (which he happily just did) anywhere until people get the freedom to dance where they want.  Then this would make a real statement don't you think?

Why are the amateurs lined up out front to take the bullets and everyone else hides behind.  It is easy for any of us to complain if we have nothing to lose but lets see if we are up to complaining or taking a stand if all of a sudden we are the ones with something to lose.  Now we will see how much the person really wants to put out to make Freedom to dance come true.

I totally believe in Freedom to dance but I don't think the people complaining should be only telling part of the story so it inflames an already bad situation or covers up the real truths.  This makes the move have less credibility and does not help get the talks going to try and bring the groups together.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 05:29:24 AM »

I am excited I have heard from a source (coach in Holland) that mirko and  alessia will be dancing together at blackpool. That will be interesting.past and present world champions dancing. :-p

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »

I am excited I have heard from a source (coach in Holland) that mirko and  alessia will be dancing together at blackpool. That will be interesting.past and present world champions dancing. :-p
Er, its not a source unless you say who the person was and it can be verified.  Else its a rumour.

But in this case its actually rather harmless speculation so its not a problem... Wink

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2012, 06:18:00 AM »

As some of you may have seen on fb I.had.my picture taken with Mirko I said to him I was: sad not to see him dance. He said he would be back next year. So now we wait to hear who with.

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »

Good to know he will be back.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2012, 08:06:37 PM »

A new smooth partnership is out there!  Eulia Baranovsky and Max Sinista ---they won San Diego Dancesport ---first time out!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2012, 02:48:35 AM »

A new smooth partnership is out there!  Eulia Baranovsky and Max Sinista ---they won San Diego Dancesport ---first time out!
impressive!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2012, 04:57:57 AM »

World Pro Championships (England Nov 18th 2012).  Look who's 2nd...

1 Arunas Bizokas & Katusha Demidova
2 Andrea Ghigiarelli & Sara Andracchio
3 Victor Fung & Anastasia Muravyova
4 Valerio Colantoni & Yulia Spesivtseva
5 Domen Krapez & Monica Nigro
6 Angelo Madonia & Antonella Decarolis

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2012, 06:26:11 AM »

interesting results.... Angelo must be very happy with those results!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2012, 08:55:09 AM »

interesting results.... Angelo must be very happy with those results!
Yes indeed.  Victor, however, must see the writing on the wall.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »

On behalf of all at June Designs we would like to wish Matthew Rooke & Anna Longmore the very best wishes on the news that they will no longer be dancing together. We have had a long term partnership with the couple & still remember making Anna's first dress all those years ago!

We look forward to continuing our partnership with both Matthew & Anna in whatever they choose to do.

also on Dancesport Info.... they are never going to get any higher....will be interesting to see what the next phase of their dancing career is. they use to be a couple and that went by the by and a year after that news  it is now defunct.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »

On behalf of all at June Designs we would like to wish Matthew Rooke & Anna Longmore the very best wishes on the news that they will no longer be dancing together. We have had a long term partnership with the couple & still remember making Anna's first dress all those years ago!

We look forward to continuing our partnership with both Matthew & Anna in whatever they choose to do.

also on Dancesport Info.... they are never going to get any higher....will be interesting to see what the next phase of their dancing career is. they use to be a couple and that went by the by and a year after that news  it is now defunct.

That is news!  I've been watching their results, always excellent never quite in the top rank but what terrific representatives for Australasia.  I know everyone at PDO wish them well in their next phase(s)...

So you take lessons from them - or I guess one of them?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2012, 06:39:52 PM »

That is news!  I've been watching their results, always excellent never quite in the top rank but what terrific representatives for Australasia.  I know everyone at PDO wish them well in their next phase(s)...

So you take lessons from them - or I guess one of them?

No never had as they would not come to our neck of the woods!... but I have friends that do. I know they were having lessons with Mirco. I think they were not going to get any higher will be interesting to see how they go with other partners

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »

This from our dancer-on-the-scene (Q Wink ):
Mirko Gozzoli and Edita Danuite are back in professional standard competition - at the
WDSF PD World Standard Championship, Bassano del Grappa, 2013

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: