partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:43:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116487 Posts in 1856 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  hot dance news (must have a source)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: hot dance news (must have a source)  (Read 13639 times)
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2012, 12:06:07 AM »

Go to their website (dancelegends.com) and you'll see everything there.  Tickets start at around low 100s and go all the way up to the thousands. 

BTW, I just received confirmation the Giampiero is dancing with Caterina Arzenton.  That would be a sight for BoS sore-eyes. 
samina
Silver

« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »

elise, are you coming down for dance legends next month???
nope... are you going?
yep. first ballroom event since my last comp, ages ago... am delighted to have made these plans.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:45 AM »

nope... are you going?
yep. first ballroom event since my last comp, ages ago... am delighted to have made these plans.
...is this the start of something old and something new? Roll Eyes

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2012, 10:24:48 AM »

nope... are you going?
...is this the start of something old and something new? Roll Eyes
feels like. lessee... Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2012, 03:28:36 AM »

I have heard a reliable rumor that Mirko will be dancing with.........Allessia .... Shocked reforming....lets see if this will be correct and wont that be a treat for me if they dance at Blackpool Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2012, 04:03:03 AM »

I have heard a reliable rumor that Mirko will be dancing with.........Allessia .... Shocked reforming....lets see if this will be correct and wont that be a treat for me if they dance at Blackpool Tongue

I asked DSI why Mirko and Edita were still listed as dancing together - even though Edita had retired.  Turns out they just had not updated the page.

But your news is exciting - but its just a rumour Q - we must have a source to post here.  Lets just say its an interesting idea.  I would love to see them back together.  I wonder if they would still beat Victor...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2012, 04:10:58 AM »

I asked DSI why Mirko and Edita were still listed as dancing together - even though Edita had retired.  Turns out they just had not updated the page.

But your news is exciting - but its just a rumour Q - we must have a source to post here.  Lets just say its an interesting idea.  I would love to see them back together.  I wonder if they would still beat Victor...

Yes I know it is hearsay but very reliable...This person has danced in the US and now back in Australia......has family still in the business in Italy....lets wait to see what happens in the coming weeks

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2012, 04:14:07 AM »

Yes I know it is hearsay but very reliable...This person has danced in the US and now back in Australia......has family still in the business in Italy....lets wait to see what happens in the coming weeks
Its only a 'source' if you can publish the name Wink  I think he will pick a younger dancer....

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »

'Aigars Stolcers' just posted the following on the 'Freedom to dance' facebook page:

1:55pm Apr 8

National finalists of Canada were not able to participate at the Canadian National Dancesport Chps this week end in Vancouver ! Very Sad !
Some of them amongst the best dancers of the country !
Due to disqualification .
What about freedom ?
A Change of mentality should be done .
Or dancing will slowly but surely die .
PLS Share or put on status

Anyone have the story: which couples were omitted and why?
ee

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2012, 02:55:30 AM »

Hold off on sharing yet. 

Just remember that saying about the "Kettle calling the pot black"?  All I can say is don't be fooled, some of the people saying they want to promote freedom to dance are in reality doing quite the opposite and hope that they are either not caught or by sayinging one thing you will not suspect them of the other.  Sometimes we have to watch who is telling us what and if they say it because they are really looking out for "their own" interest and agenda and wrapping it up in a pretty paper so we don't see the true contents.  They are actually part of the disease, and not part of the cure like we hope, and believe me, they know it.  The amateurs are being told half truths to gain power over them for yet another person's power and ego trip. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2012, 04:48:21 AM »

Well, thats what we are here for - to share both sides of each story.  But it is important that both sides get out, people can then make rational decisions and the right outcome becomes the natural and supported one. 

Thanks for chipping in.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »

Yes, so tired of everyone using the amateurs for their own end rather than for the good of the amateurs.  Sad thing is when a new group gets started and it already is corrupt before it gets going.  Frustrating.  Just like politics I guess where you point out the other guy's bad points to deflect away from your own.  Kind of like the old tap the person on the left shoulder so you can deke to their right undetected.  Isn't there someone out there that just has the interest of dancing at the heart of their ideas?

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2012, 05:53:32 AM »

Yes, so tired of everyone using the amateurs for their own end rather than for the good of the amateurs.  Sad thing is when a new group gets started and it already is corrupt before it gets going.  Frustrating.  Just like politics I guess where you point out the other guy's bad points to deflect away from your own.  Kind of like the old tap the person on the left shoulder so you can deke to their right undetected.  Isn't there someone out there that just has the interest of dancing at the heart of their ideas?
well, yes, actually there are - but they are all doing it and don't want to have to spend more time running the show - and are also indebted to kind souls such as you...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »

I really do look at what is in the best interest of dancing.  We have to look beyond ourselves so that dancing will grow and be there for future generations.  It is not about us but about what is good for everyone.

What I can tell you about your post from Freedom to Dance is that neither couple had any intention of even going to the Canadians this year, nor the Ontario Closed.  This was left out of the post to Freedom to Dance and I can only assume it was to mislead people and to create a situation where there isn't any.  Makes me wonder why he would do this.     

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2012, 04:53:40 AM »

I really do look at what is in the best interest of dancing.  We have to look beyond ourselves so that dancing will grow and be there for future generations.  It is not about us but about what is good for everyone.

What I can tell you about your post from Freedom to Dance is that neither couple had any intention of even going to the Canadians this year, nor the Ontario Closed.  This was left out of the post to Freedom to Dance and I can only assume it was to mislead people and to create a situation where there isn't any.  Makes me wonder why he would do this.     
Huh? Then how did he know they were banned?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: