partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Kingston (Canada Dancesport)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Kingston (Canada Dancesport)  (Read 5279 times)
Rugby
Gold

« on: September 01, 2009, 06:16:37 PM »

I have heard that this year they are not going to be placing the floor over the ice like they did last year.  Instead they are going to wait to lay the ice until after the competition.  Anyone else hear this?

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 12:17:08 AM »

How many are going to this comp.  I know ee and I are going to be there and possibly standarddancer?

We are not expecting to do well but are trying to just enjoy this one and think of it as a comeback to competing for us.  No pressure or expectations.  If we make the cuts then we have done well.  Our goal is just to remember our routines!!

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:28:49 AM »

right attitude - you've been out of competing so long it may take a bit of adjustment - and besides, the Ontario Open is just round the corner...
need a topic for that...

We're in the same boat really - lots of new material but a lot of down time recently too so its also a case of climbing back on the horse...  The good thing is that almost all the judges are from outside Canada so we should get a good idea of where we stand.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 11:52:28 PM »

And.... if you trip all the couples on one side of the floor and we trip the ones on the other that should help us both out tremendously.  You know, well placed and timed rondes, developes and so forth.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 04:31:03 AM »

er, we don't have either in our routine yet Roll Eyes  We'll have to go with the more fundamental 'charge'. With a combined height of 12' 3" that can work quite well. 

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »

Yes, between ourselves and yourselves we look like the friendly, or perhaps not so friendly some days, giants.

By the way, did you see the schedule?  I could not believe it, is it a joke or something?  Why in *#@*^ would they not put the kids on first, clear them out and then the adults.  At least we would be starting at noon or something. 
If anyone had an idea that they may be able to come down early friday if they were Pre-Champ they can forget it.  Who would have guessed we would rate so low on the importance scale.  You would assume by now that we would be at least later in the day.  Yep, it shows how unimportant we are when we are the very first heat on.  Pre-Champ starting things off and then Pre-Bronze.  I won't buy it was because of the amount of heats because that could have been accomplished in the afternnoon session just as easy as the morning.  For most of the people their athritis pills won't evem have kicked in yet before they have to dance.  I guess breakfast will have to be McDonald's, oh, are they even open as early as we will have to get up?  Guess I will have to take some cereal or something.

Oh well, I guess we don't have to worry about too much noise from the crowd of all four spectators that may be there.  You know, the ones that fell asleep in the stands on the friday night and only woke up when we all came crawling in.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 06:14:06 AM »

I suppose they took the largest heat and started the schedule that way.  As you say, it will mean starting to dress at something like 6 in the morning.  But for us thats the luck of the draw and at least everyone in the heat has to suffer the same fate.  I wonder if there will be any judges up that early!

Why don't we dance down the floor in synchrnony?  Can you imagine the panic that would ensure amongst the lilliputians?  Sort of the charge of the ents Cheesy

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 06:22:25 AM »

If anyone had an idea that they may be able to come down early friday if they were Pre-Champ they can forget it. 

You obviously meant saturday  - scared me for a second since I am driving fri...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 12:49:45 PM »

Perhaps the reason they put the pre-champ in the morning is so that we don't show up the World IDSF Senior I competition in the afternoon Tongue

How come on thursday they have:
IDSF Senior I Championship Standard (WTVFQ)

and on saturday they have:
IDSF World Senior I Standard Championship (WTVFQ)

whats the difference?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 12:53:01 PM by elisedance » Logged

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 12:56:19 PM »

First is just regular IDSF senior 1 standard, second is the IDSF certified world event.  Just like IDSF Senior I Latin is in Belgium next month, etc. 

2009 calendar is here:

http://www.idsf.net/index.tpl?style=kalender&action=overview2&startdate=2009-00-00&enddate=2009-12-31&type=Championsships
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 01:10:36 PM »

I think we need an IDSF topic to explain how this all works and to follow the fray...

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »

heh, well someone else will have to explain that.  I'm still tracking down the WDC world pro events.  And there's a lot less divisions/events to worry about there.  

Which speaking of, maybe we need a topic on the WDC world events too.  Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »

yes the more the merrier Smiley  As long as there are two people interested that is ...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »

By the way, did you see the schedule?  I could not believe it, is it a joke or something?  Why in *#@*^ would they not put the kids on first, clear them out and then the adults.  At least we would be starting at noon or something. 

Is it possible that they put this in the morning so that the IDSF senior competitors could do both?  Maybe they are going to use this as a warm up.  If so we should look out for couples that usually dance only championship and now are also doing pre-champ because we (Ontarians) would not be allowed to.

Would that rule apply to out of province competitors?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »

I believe this may be happening.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: