partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 04:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Engaging the Pelvic Floor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Engaging the Pelvic Floor  (Read 2142 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »

and you can split in two the actual thoracic ones too.

This bit is where I run out of muscle isolation ability.   Roll Eyes

Of course, it might surprise you to know that those aren't proper technical terms...

They aren't?   Cheesy
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 01:04:07 PM »

I had a lesson over the weekend and it was, unsurprisingly, very challenging.  We had a discovery though - I have no pelvic floor muscles!  Well, apparently they exist, but I certainly can't seem to engage them with any sort of ease or regularity.

So, I ask you lovely ladies and gentlemen out there, do you have any suggestions for exercises to work the muscles?  Tips to ensure that you're engaging the right muscles and feeling the right sensations?

There are many parts to the use of the pelvic area for the lady.

I need to know what principles he was trying to get you to do. It sounds like he was going into 3rd or 4th level (of rules) on the ladies center.

Let me ask you this:

Did he teach you about the “three active centers”, “the division” or “the mobility”?

DSV
We began to cover the three active centers and, I'm assuming the division as well.  I'll send you a PM with more detail as to what we covered, that way I'm not potentially confusing people on the thread.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »

We began to cover the three active centers and, I'm assuming the division as well.  I'll send you a PM with more detail as to what we covered, that way I'm not potentially confusing people on the thread.

So he started with the basic understading of "the three active center", sounds great. Just rememeber to "divide" first before activating "the three active centers". "The three active center" does do more for the partnership then the "division", but they must be done in order. You are right it could get very confusing, I will just wait for your PM. You could also talk to my sister when you see her next. She will be able to not only explain it to you but she can also show you.

There is 6 center alone in the pelvic area once you go to the 3th level. Then on the 4th level we are talking 16 centers in that area. So it could get very confusing.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 03:00:12 PM »

I thought guys had to pee over a wall; if you cant generate the pressure then you need to give your PF a workout.

It depends on the charge, range to target, and firing angle.  That's why computers were invented, you know.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 08:01:07 AM »

I thought guys had to pee over a wall; if you cant generate the pressure then you need to give your PF a workout.

It depends on the charge, range to target, and firing angle.  That's why computers were invented, you know.

and Jean-Luc Picard:

" Pelvic Floor Thrusters----ENGAGE!"

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »

=/\=Illogical!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 05:16:55 AM »

and Jean-Luc Picard:

" Pelvic Floor Thrusters----ENGAGE!"

Actually, I tihink thats quite accurate..

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 05:19:27 AM »

[/quote]

Please, please: DO confuse us!

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 10:54:35 AM »

That's the game plan.  I have a half-finished PM for DSV that I've been working on for two days now.  I'm trying to figure out how to put into my own words, my understanding of what we went over, since it was almost all brand new to me.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »

Is it possible that once you improve your body 'block' alignment you automatically start to use the aforementioned muscles?  Seems to me that mine are stronger - I think I could snap QPC's pencil Grin Tongue

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 09:08:30 PM »

Is it possible that once you improve your body 'block' alignment you automatically start to use the aforementioned muscles?  Seems to me that mine are stronger - I think I could snap QPC's pencil Grin Tongue

Um... er...  Shocked Grin
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 11:54:05 PM »

Um... er...  Shocked Grin

*snort*  ROTFLMAO

What are you talking about

I think you're too young to know. Wink Cheesy
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 04:02:43 AM »

perhaps you need to go beck to QPO's post on learning to write....

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 01:38:28 AM »

and dont forget that is a HB pencil  Shocked

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 11:19:21 AM »

and dont forget that is a HB pencil  Shocked

my pencil is a 6H

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: