partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 08:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  What do you do when your DP is injured?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: What do you do when your DP is injured?  (Read 2867 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 06:49:20 AM »

Read the NV book!  Grin Grin Grin

yes I should start to do that. think I might try to get my O's what else is there to do for six months Roll Eyes

Then there's the ballroom book, and the latin book!  Tongue
there is one problem the locals would just laugh at me....especially the higher level dancers thinking hmmmm look at ther five minutes in the sport and she is trying to teach! Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »

Read the NV book!  Grin Grin Grin

yes I should start to do that. think I might try to get my O's what else is there to do for six months Roll Eyes

Then there's the ballroom book, and the latin book!  Tongue
there is one problem the locals would just laugh at me....especially the higher level dancers thinking hmmmm look at ther five minutes in the sport and she is trying to teach! Roll Eyes

not necessesarily.  I have my level 0 but have never taught anybody.  It was basically for me.  I learned so much.  Only problem is with level 0 you have to do all three styles so there is a lot to learn. Smiley mm
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 02:40:30 AM »

Through your "five minutes" in the sport, you've gotten much better then some others who have spent years. At the very (very very) least, you could teach medallists very competently.
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 03:54:03 AM »

Well....I've never done a registered latin comp myself and I've taken students through their bronze bar latin with honours.

You don't have to be a level 5 competitor to be a good teacher.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 04:41:54 AM »

Through your "five minutes" in the sport, you've gotten much better then some others who have spent years. At the very (very very) least, you could teach medallists very competently.

thanks for your vote of confidence, will be speaking about it with our coach.

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 04:42:59 AM »

Well....I've never done a registered latin comp myself and I've taken students through their bronze bar latin with honours.

You don't have to be a level 5 competitor to be a good teacher.

yes I know.. but where I am it can be clicky! Roll Eyes but I will speak with my coach.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 05:09:15 AM »

Get more into competition organization and publicity - you obvoiusly have a penchant for both Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »

Get more into competition organization and publicity - you obvoiusly have a penchant for both Smiley

yes I would, very busy at the moment with out state titles and the SA Open that happens in November. and of course promotion would be alright if I could do it for a living but it is all unpaid work.

Dance Forum
Dancerette
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »

Q, it's good to read that you're back on the floor Smiley

My partner's injury has progressed to the point where we can foresee that dancing is no longer in his future.

We've discussed, and it has been decided that I shall start the (likely fruitless) search for a no strings attached dance partner. I have to at least try.

I have done my grieving and am ready to do something constructive about the situation. I can't not dance.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 10:04:48 PM »

Very sorry to hear that DCT - I don't know what I would do in the same cirucmstances... weather I'd have the heart an energy to find someone new...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2010, 04:05:22 AM »

Q, it's good to read that you're back on the floor Smiley

My partner's injury has progressed to the point where we can foresee that dancing is no longer in his future.

We've discussed, and it has been decided that I shall start the (likely fruitless) search for a no strings attached dance partner. I have to at least try.

I have done my grieving and am ready to do something constructive about the situation. I can't not dance.

thanks it has felt great to start to amek moves to be back on the floor. but I am pacing myself as I need it to be permenent and not back in the same situation in 12 weeks.

siorry to hear about your partern that would be a devastating blow for both of you.....I did say to V that if I could not get on the flor I wanted him to get another partner. but I dont know if he would do it.

life takes twists and turns and you just dont know what will come your way.

thinking of you both!

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »

My leg did the right thing for me and allowed us to have success at the australians. Now I have to give back to my leg....It is not happy at the moment, the knee cap is not running properly...so in the next few weeks I will cycle and walk in water...to build it back up...

Not that anything was said but I did feel a pressure( even if I made it myself) to get back on the floor, I feel we dont have to much time to be competative.

But injuries are very frustrating and certainly tests one's paitence Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: