partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Social Dance Calendar ~ Adelaide, South Australia
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Social Dance Calendar ~ Adelaide, South Australia  (Read 958 times)
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« on: June 21, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »

I thought that the social dancin' thread was to broad. I can't see any of us going regularly to the other side of the world to attend a social dance, unless your visiting.

So I created a thread for the Adelaide social dance scene, a calendar publishing what will be available in and around Adelaide each week.

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:59:44 PM »

Friday June 26

Bordertown Dance Club’s Ball at Kaniva Shire Hall Baker Street.8 pm to 12.30 pm. Please take supper to share. Music by Shirley Petschel. Tea, coffee, water and cordial provided. Inquiries: Geoff Gillett and Shirley White 8752 1883.

Saturday June 27

Dance at Kangarilla. Music by The Starlites. 4th Saturday monthly. Inquiries and bookings for The Starlites:
Graham Herrmann on 8264 8976.

Dance at Burnside Town Hall, cnr Portrush and Greenhill Rds. 7.30pm to 11.30pm. Bar open. Parking. $15. Ballroom, Latin and Street Latin - no sequence. Last Saturday each month except August.

Dance at Cooinda 245 Sturt Rd, rear of Marion Council. Old style, New Vogue and Modern Sequence dances. 7.30pm to 10.30pm. Tea, coffee and biscuits supplied. $5. 4th Saturday monthly. Inquiries: Joy and John 8295 4764

Dance at Aldinga Institute Hall, Old Coach Rd. 7.30pm. $8. Basket supper. No sequence dances. Ballroom and Latin only.
Inquiries: Robert Plowman on 8556 5614.

Dance at Osborne Over 50s Club, 539 Victoria Rd. $2. BYO supper. Dances 4th Saturday monthly. Inquiries: Club on 8447 1697 or David Bald on 8240 0893.

Dance at Williamstown. Band: Foxies. 4th Saturday monthly.
Inquiries: Jean Rispin 8524 7073.

Christmas in June Dinner and Dance at Lorna’s Dance Centre 16 Boundary Road, Somerton Park. 5.30 for 6.00 pm dinner of spit roast turkey. pork and beef with vegetables, plum pudding and brandy custard or fruit salad and ice cream. $32.
Cabarets 4th Saturday monthly. 
Bookings: Lorna on 0418 843 398

Sunday June 28

Tea Dance at Macedonian Hall 148 Crittenden Road Findon. Please take supper to share: inquiries Bob and Halina.
8369 2282 or 0427 092 921.

Dance to the 20-member Lindy Hip Big Band featuring Saz Burton and Andrew Brennan who will sing and play swing, jazz/blues, lounge, Latin, soul and pop at West Croydon and Kilkenny RSL, Rosetta St, West Croydon. 1.30pm. $10. Drinks and snacks on sale. No BYO. Inquiries: RSL Manager Phil on 8346 4855

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:43:15 AM »

thanks for that. now we need more people from south Australia participating...I have told many people but they are not good with forums,

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 01:54:58 AM »

DP isn't too good with forums either, otherwise I'd get him on here. Apart from that I don't know many people. If I told coach he'd probably try to convert everyone to sequence and argue with people over american vs. international...

So I'll stay away from there.

It is good to have the calendar though, we usually only go to B&H and I think it will be good to go somewhere else.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 02:08:55 AM »

DP isn't too good with forums either, otherwise I'd get him on here. Apart from that I don't know many people. If I told coach he'd probably try to convert everyone to sequence and argue with people over american vs. international...

So I'll stay away from there.

It is good to have the calendar though, we usually only go to B&H and I think it will be good to go somewhere else.

I know you will benefit from being about to see other socials, but that will have to wait till you get wheels....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: