partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116403 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Nerd/Geek Discussions
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Nerd/Geek Discussions  (Read 9022 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 08:03:56 AM »

welll, I for one just learned 7 things this morning all ready Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2009, 07:40:32 AM »

And yet again I've proved myself to be nerdy, to yet another one of my teachers.
Today in science I was the first person to answer a question, and it was one where most other people were just sitting there looking confused. Really easy if you actually listen in science and psychology: 'What is quantitative data'. I mean, c'mon. She then asked if anyone knew what qualitative data was, and BF piped up with the answer.
So now she apparently has a 'pair of smart cookies' in her class. I'm happy BF is there - we have races to see who can finish the questions on time, so it keeps me working hard instead of slacking off. Yay for molar mass and learning it in one lesson.

She's a really good teacher, though she did call BF 'darling' and scare him. But he gets scared of stuff like that Grin
I just sit there and feel him suffer. He was cringing inside, I know.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2009, 07:48:32 AM »

DID DID you hear that scientists are planning to observe the Yosemite redwoods for the next 50- 100 years as tleast to ascertain why they are dying prematurely and not reproduicing ;

now that is devotion;

bow bow bow
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:50:51 AM by Bordertangoman » Logged

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »

DID DID you hear that scientists are planning to observe the Yosemite redwoods for the next 50- 100 years as tleast to ascertain why they are dying prematurely and not reproduicing ;

now that is devotion;

bow bow bow

...I want that research grant.  50-100 years?

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2009, 05:56:38 AM »

you might need a tree gene implant if you hope to live that long; not that I'm saying you're old or anything....

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2009, 09:03:36 PM »

good. 
just good.

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2009, 11:09:23 AM »

xylem cambium and phloem

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »

Isn't that a woody guthrie song? Roll Eyes

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2010, 01:15:40 AM »

Bumping this up for the NERDS amongst us  Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2010, 01:59:07 AM »

I am still trying to find out if I am a Nerd, a Geek or neither Huh Huh

you're a ballroom geek? meh... not really. those are the ones who will debate ad nauseum about the exact foot position at the exact curvature of swing at the exact articulation of hip at the exact angle to the floor at the exact... well, you know what i mean.  Cool

me, i'm a computer validation geek, currently happily on hiatus from that... and a Metaphysical & Manifestational Principles geek, for sure.  Tongue Cool
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2010, 03:06:38 AM »

I am just a geek full stop!. be it ballroom or normal. ok I might not be into the true geek stuff but I am not the normal.,, what ever that is  Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
samina
Silver

« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2010, 03:13:10 AM »

every time i see "geek" i think i'm seeing "greek"... which i most certainly am. Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2010, 03:16:39 AM »

I guess I'm a bit unusual - I'm a scientist and I love facts and detalis but not really a true geek.  I don't (at least as I see 'geek') bury myself in details for the sake of it...

I like this from Wiki:
:. In a 2007 interview on The Colbert Report, Richard Clarke said the difference between nerds and geeks is "geeks get it done."[3] Julie Smith defined a geek as "a bright young man turned inward, poorly socialized, who felt so little kinship with his own planet that he routinely traveled to the ones invented by his favorite authors, who thought of that secret, dreamy place his computer took him to as cyberspace—somewhere exciting, a place more real than his own life, a land he could conquer, not a drab teenager's room in his parents' house."[4] "Geeks in suits clothing" is phrase which has been used for IT technical stars which also have knowledge about business needs.:

wait a mo... only a real geek would have done that... Shocked

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2010, 03:56:21 AM »

I'm a gaming geek, and an education nerd.

Well, a real life gaming geek. Not computer games, I suck at them. But I am certainly D&D geeky.

As for education nerd: I love English, I enjoy learning, I love almost every subject I take (chemistry gets the love-hate relationship). The teachers are awesome, and I respect them for putting up with the majority of the students.

And people look at me oddly when they off-handedly suggest picking on the teachers and I give them a flat out 'no'

Yeah. Nerd is me.
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2010, 08:11:41 AM »

I'm a dance geek.  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: