partnerdanceonline.com
October 25, 2014, 06:08:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bookshelf for Bookworm  (Read 10004 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2010, 06:15:25 AM »

great advice SG - TBH I could use some of that myself, maybe we all can?
...a topic coming up..

There 'Insecurities...' in the Mind board...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:22:38 AM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2010, 04:39:32 AM »

Hello everyone!!!!
Back after a .....three?? month break. Wow Can't believe it's been that long.
I've had such a busy past few months.
Can't really write much now as I'm at work (Arthur Murray)  Grin Tongue Grin
Just letting everyone know that I'm still alive and will hopefully be posting some more now that I've gotten used to the pase of my life - working two jobs from 9am - 10pm  Roll Eyes

Cheesy

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2010, 04:54:59 AM »

good to see you. glad things are going well for you Cheesy

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2010, 06:48:46 AM »

hi there BW!  You need the new PPD 'Pedestrian PDOodle Device' it enables you to pdoodle while walking, running or teaching newbies how to dance.

Just requires minor head surgery... Tongue

bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2010, 12:55:05 AM »

I thought I might pop in for a little bit.
I know it's been ages but I still remember and still love you all  Kiss

I'm at work at the moment - my admin job and neither of my bosses are here so it's kind of safe-ish to to be doing something other than work.
I've fallen in love!!!!! Not with another man, I'm still with my BF. Roll Eyes
With Argentine Tango!!!!
I'm quickly becoming rediculously obsessed with it.

I'm thinking of going to my first Milonga soon, though I have a slight problem as to who to take with me - my BF who hasn't done any Argentine or my dance partner who also loves Argentine and is a brilliant leader.....

Yes I finally have a dance partner and we will hopefully be dancing at the Aussies. We're focusing on Ballroom for this year and will add Latin/New Vogue in next year.

I have had such an amazing past 14 months. I found two jobs which I enjoy, have an awesome BF who dances, found a dance partner, started driving, doing more dancing than ever before and my only complaint is that I don't have enough time to be here.
Oh and I've been neglecting my friends  Embarrassed Feeling really bad about that but am going to do something about that soon.

Smiley

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2010, 03:22:27 AM »

Sounds like things are ticking along for you BW - thats wonderful - and I take it you are hooked on the amazing lead-follow zen world of AT!  I only danced it a couple of times but I can see that it could become totally adictive.  One day perhaps....

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2010, 09:09:03 AM »

nice to hear that all is going well for you, V & I will be going to the Aussies so might see you then....

Dance Forum
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »

Hi All  Smiley

Life is plodding along reasonably well at the moment.
Started new job two months ago as a Project Coordinator - with a reasonable pay increase = loving that (though still doesn't seem to be enough  Roll Eyes
The role is quite challenging but enjoying it immensely.
Signed up for 5 work/career related online courses just this last week, so will be quite busy over the next few months.

My BF and I are looking at investing in property / buying a house together. That is coming with it's own challenges. We have the money for a deposit but the banks don't want to lend us the rest of the money. *grumbles*

Only problem is that with all this stuff going on, my dancing has suffered. My coach moved studios 5-ish? months ago and I haven't been dancing since. Well I've done a bit of social dancing but that's it really. He's moved to a studio that's in a really inconvenient location. Had one lesson there - went straight after work, which wasn't too bad, took 45mins by public transport but on the way home, it took me 2 bloody hours - again by public transport. And at night, while the public transport isn't too bad it isn't fun either.
I'm really missing dancing. Need to get my own car...

Though I have started something else - Pole Dancing.  Grin
The BEST whole body work out EVER!!! Only doing 1-2 hours a week but am loving it!!
And I joined a gym last week though haven't been there yet.

Don't have any plans for the Christmas holidays as yet. Have taken 13 days off work, which turns out to be around 3 weeks with the public holidays but not sure what we'll end up doing. Depends if we get financing for a house or not. We were planning that if we get a house for ourselves we would use that time to move in but now.... Bloody Banks!!
We were also thinking of maybe going to the states to visit my BF's brother. He's one of the only family members, of my BF, who I haven't met. And in my opinion the most important one.
We've been bugging him to come down to Australia too.....  Wink  Grin
But we'll see. There is one more bank we're trying and if that doesn't work then I'll really start putting pressure on BF to call his travel agent.

October was quite a sad month for my BF and I. We had two deaths that we had to deal with. A friend and a very close family friend of my BF's. He was a great kid. Can't believe he went the way he did. In terms of location I was the closest one to him when he went, it feels very strange to have been so physically close to him (couple hundred meters) when he was going through such pain but not have been able to help him.
It's nearly two weeks since he left us and we still aren't over it. Not that I wold expect us to be, he'll be on our minds for a long time to come.
The funeral was last Saturday - It was very sad. We also went for the cremation after the funeral even though it was supposed to be a family event only. His father told my BF that if we wanted to come he wouldn't mind. I felt very privileged to be a part of that. They are such a great family and I feel terrible for what they've had to go through. They'll never be the same.
It was strange at the funeral there were so many people that turned up but no one could help him. If only he had called someone, talked to someone. Anyone there would have helped him, if only he had asked. And he was so young...

Have a headache and should be going to bed. BF is on the couch in front of the telly fast asleep. Need to wake him up and get him to bed too.

Tomorrow, or rather today is the start of a new week and Tuesday the start of a new month. Hopefully will be a good one.

Goodnight my lovely PDO'ers.
xx
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2011, 08:39:56 AM »

Hi there BM

lots of things happening for you good and bad. It is always sad when someone young that they have no option to end their life. As you say if they could talk to someone who would listen to their concerns might have been all that needed him to know that he was not alone.

I have always discussed this with my children saying there is nothing on this planet that is worth ending your life over. As the next day the issue could be gone.

Good Luck with the new job.  Grin

Dance Forum
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2011, 01:22:07 PM »

Great to hear from you!  Lots going on in your life!

The dancing will find a place in there once everything gets settled down.

As for the losses in your life, terrible that you had to go through all that.  They say suicide, if that's what it was, is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Most people suffer in silence and nobody around them knows anything about it.  Very selfish thing to do because those they leave behind are never the same.  What a terrible tragedy. 
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2011, 01:02:30 AM »

Thanks Q  Grin

SG - I was actually thinking along the same lines. I was sad that he decided to go that way but also very angry. We went to visit the family the day after it happened and it was terrible. I was so angry that he had left them and everyone in this state. It is so unfair on them.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2011, 04:41:15 AM »

Lovely long post BW and again sorry for the pain and loss. But please remember the adage: 'don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes'.  Noone can know what that kid was suffering - it may have been 100Xworse than what his family is going through.  Obviously suicide is not the answer but equally obviously he could not see that.  

I just feel for both him and his family - please try to not be angry but instead be compassionate...

I lost a close friend to suicide a long time ago - he had to move accross the States and his family life deteriorated after a bout with cancer.  It still hurts like hell when I think of it and the fact that I knew nothing and he never let me know where he was.  Yet if I try to put myself in his position I can understand why he might take that route - and most important, I can forgive him for it.  There is no closure to suicide but I believe forgiveness is the only way of managing the loss that works.

bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »

Thanks ee and sorry to hear about your loss too...  Sad
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2011, 05:20:29 AM »

Loving pole dancing!!!!
I'm in level 2 in my pole school and the 'tricks' are definitely getting harder but more rewarding too. If anyone wants to work on their strength i definitely reccommend pole dancing!! Men can do it too...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »

Loving pole dancing!!!!
I'm in level 2 in my pole school and the 'tricks' are definitely getting harder but more rewarding too. If anyone wants to work on their strength i definitely reccommend pole dancing!! Men can do it too...

'Pole dancing', 'tricks'  where ARE you learning this? Shocked Tongue Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: