partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116449 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  PDO at OSB09
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: PDO at OSB09  (Read 2060 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: August 12, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »

Forgive me for starting a new topic on the same competition - but this one is ONLY for PDO issues at OSB.

We have to start thinking about what we want to do there.  For now I would love to have suggestions - sensible or far out, its fine, but lets stay focussed on just that - what kind of get togethers (if any of course) do we want to have, when, and with whom.

Ideas include: a group lecture (maybe we could get DSV to suggest one); a bar meeting (hey, why not one every night Cheesy); a communal dinner; a computer for access to the list (DF had one last year); maybe we could get some sponsorship even....

Any more ideas??

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »

Hey Elise has someone figured out a logo and maybe some flyers?  We could ask if they would let us put up little table tents on the tables around the floor.  Those are always eye catching Smiley  I'll def. be there at the beginning of the week and maybe (maybe!! crosses fingers) through to the end. So if you need any help I'd be happy to!  When you call and ask about setting up a table at OSB (like DF did) ask if we can do table tents, and if so I'll just print them out and bring them with me!  I think that would really help get the word out about PDO!!

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 07:39:51 PM »

If we have a computer access point, I think we definitely need a sign advertising what it's for.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »

I will be there all week, so am able to help out with whatever you like.  How about a get together for team matches (if we aren't sitting with our section or dancing)?  A bar get together sounds good, maybe more than one so in case someone can't make it for one, there's another available.  I've never met up with someone for a comp, just sat with my studio or sat by myself, so whatever you suggest is fine with me!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »

why not have a standing date - at the bar at 7.30 each night?  Bring anyone you can so that we can press-gang them into PDO Smiley
BTW the quesadillas are outstanding in the bar.....

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 05:06:56 PM »

I will be there for at least friday thru sunday. might try to do more. but ...well work. ya know? oh AND it is my 20th wedding anniversary the 18th so .... yeah I guess I should at least have dinner with hubby.  Roll Eyes Cheesy
I'll be in the same boat as ED.  Need to work out accommodations and such still, but I'll be there to cheer!

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »

Bar at 7:30 on Friday and saturday.  Check.  Unless of course it conflicts with one of friend's heats (some possibility, as mostly there for pro events).  Smiley
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »

Bar at 7:30 on Friday and saturday.  Check.  Unless of course it conflicts with one of friend's heats (some possibility, as mostly there for pro events).  Smiley
Ooh...etp has a really good point.  We may want to look at the timelines for the pro events in the evenings.  I know I'd like to watch them and I'm sure a bunch of others will too.  We may need to rethink the timing on Friday and Saturday night. Smiley

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »

how about bar at all times when there's nothing else Roll Eyes

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:27:37 PM »

and especially before your events, right?  Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »

head says yes, but body says no way hose...

Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 03:09:32 AM »

Absolut-ly!
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 03:47:57 PM »

by the way .... I make a GREAT orange crush. goes down smooth, think you are fine, having fun, then WHAM!!!!!!!!

ah OSB is going to be a blast. you coming Ginger?
I make a mean spiced rum milkshake...got a blender?

Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »

Alas, can't- we'll be stuck here Sad
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 12:03:40 AM »

My place is not that big and I only have 1 bathroom, but if you don't mind sleeping on the floor, whoever you want to come, Emmy, is welcome! 

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: