partnerdanceonline.com
October 26, 2014, 05:33:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream's Diary  (Read 10262 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »

PDO rules OK!!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »

I wonder if other people think the way I do....I will be standing on the elevator and start thinking something like "...wonder why she wore THOSE shoes with THAT dress" and then mentally stop myself and think, not that its unkind to be criticizing someone I don't know but rather that "....hmmmmm, if someone in this elevator could read my mind, like that person I'm criticizing, that would be bad....let me think of something nice about this person".  

Or, I'll be looking at someone walking down the street and think they look sloppy or pretty or sharp and think to myself "....if someone asked you about that person, what would you tell them?  Are you really observing them? "  

Or, I'll be driving down the street and pretty much stop to stare at some kind of architectural detail on a house or flowers planted in a yard or a tree blooming in springtime.  

Sometimes I wonder what is special about me.  we all have something that makes us different from everyone else on the planet and I wonder, if someone were going to describe me, what would they say?  What makes me so special from anyone else?  If I met a person from another country, how would he or she view me?  Would he or she how different I am from, for example, the women I work with?  

Of course, all this sounds as though I am terribly self-centered, and maybe I am, but these very random thoughts pop in my mind and I wonder if there is a rhyme or reason for them.  

It would be nice to have a gift.  I have intuitive friends and I have friends that can see things and I sometimes think that I wish I had a gift like that.  

Sometimes I will read a book and it will depict a world like mine, but not like mine and I wish I could jump in the pages and share that world.  Not be the main character, but know someone like the characters in the book, be as wise or brave or loyal or smart as they are.  Interestingly enough, I don't wish to be as attractive, but I look at qualities I especially admire and wonder how I would stack up against certain characters and if we could be friends.

Other days, I'll be driving to work or to an errand and I'll wonder, if my life were made into a movie or TV show, what soundtrack would I use for this time and how would I begin the movie.  I don't feel as though I am on a stage and that I am putting on a show for people, but I do think about the music of my life and the scenes I'd depict to "set the stage".

There are other days that I read a book or see a movie and think....I wish Columbus, Ohio were more interesting.  Yes, I know that random gangs law enforcing GI Joes aren't going to drop from the sky or that unicorns aren't going to prance down High Street, but it would be interesting to have something happen (good of course) to me, right here where I live.  I didn't used to have those thoughts living in South Carolina, but I did in Pittsburgh.  I wonder if that is because I loved living in South Carolina and regularly thought to myself how lucky I was to be living there, driving to work with mountains in the background and here and in Pittsburgh, well........

Some nights, I get recollections of times past, that it is almost as though I am physically back in that time remembering what happened on a summer night 10 years ago.  This only happens at night and is usually triggered by smells or sounds or the air or the color of the sky.  I'll remember sitting outside at a bar having a drink and being walked back to my car or sitting in a hot tub drinking wine and listening to the Grateful Dead or something like that and I'll wonder.....am I just getting old or would I do those things again?  Wouldn't it be wonderful to meet someone or have someone here to have a drink at 11 p.m. and wander the dead of night streets exploring?

Maybe I have a stronger spirit of adventure than I thought.  Maybe I am drawn to the nostalgic.  Maybe I am simply very strange......

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »

you are clearly introspective Wink  but maybe your mind is opening up to bigger possibilities?  Maybe your future does not lie in staid columbus but in San Diego, Tallahassie or even Paris or Barcelona?  Perhaps you should listen to the you that is trying to speak up. 

I have been awful at that over the years - suppressing what my mind was screaming at me.  I'm much better now - I do stuff and the figure out why after.  Usually it works much better than planning - planning tends to focus on sinlge issues where as doing seems to be a synthesis of all issues.  Sounds very much like the old left vs right brain thing again doesn't it?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »

I'm calling you tomorrow, and you better answer! Kiss
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 10:36:38 AM »

you are clearly introspective Wink  but maybe your mind is opening up to bigger possibilities?  Maybe your future does not lie in staid columbus but in San Diego, Tallahassie or even Paris or Barcelona?  Perhaps you should listen to the you that is trying to speak up. 

I have been awful at that over the years - suppressing what my mind was screaming at me.  I'm much better now - I do stuff and the figure out why after.  Usually it works much better than planning - planning tends to focus on sinlge issues where as doing seems to be a synthesis of all issues.  Sounds very much like the old left vs right brain thing again doesn't it?

Interestingly enough, a tarot reading told me to let go and be more intuitive yesterday.  I find that very difficult, I like having a Plan A and a Plan B.  However, this usually doesn't work for me and when I have those definate plans, my world falls apart rather then doing things seemingly at random.  I suppose I am rather slow at picking up what the universe wants me to know.  I truly feel as though I am stumbling my way toward something and I don't know what. 

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 11:13:11 AM »

Loved reading all of it.  I used to have many of the same thoughts!  Not sure how or when they stopped.  I do know that to follow your instincts and to question why later is a fairly good thing.  For example, when I was laid off in 2002, I was ready to go back to my home country, but something made me stay, against all odds, even 'though I didn't have a job for 3-months and barely enough money to keep me here.  I dwindled my savings to zero all the while thinking, "what the heck am I doing this for?!".  Little did I realize that I was going to find my soul mate in that time.  Had I left, I never would have. 

Then when my wife went to nursing school, I had to quit dancing for 2.5 years.  During that time I got many offers to partner up with rich girls looking for partners.  I never would've had to spend a penny on my dancing.  Until last weekend, I never realized why I never took up any of those offers.  Last weekend I found out that, had I found a partner who would've paid for my lessons, I would've gone down a path that would've spelled doom to my dancing progress. 

The logical brain just cannot compete with instincts and intuition because logic only takes into account known factors at the present time.  Intuition takes the past, present, and most importantly, the future into account: you're dealing with facts that have not yet presented themselves to you.  Facts that can change your life forever.  As such, making decision using purely logic is not logical.     
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »

I had a friend read my cards today.  I cannot read my own; I tend to try to "force" the issue and/or read more into whatever I draw.  So, my friend, a true intuitive read them.  If I trust in myself and my true nature, things will be very very good, is the jist of the reading.  I've been hearing a lot of that lately.  Now, I need to think about what exactly IS my true nature. 

I have another 5 weeks before I don't have to go to the office anymore and I am trying to make as graceful an exit as I can.  It is not easy, but yet, it is not difficult.  I don't ever think I've been known for my poise, usually letting my emotions show all over my face or actions, but truly, apart from missing my co-workers, I will not be unhappy to leave.  I atmosphere of the section I worked in is not good.  I don't pride myself on picking up on these things, but people are unhappy and looking over their shoulders, not a good place to be.  I do not want to concentrate on the scary or negative parts of not having a job, but trust that relying on my true self (again, whatever that is) and having a positive attitude will carry me through. 

It is another quiet weekend, which is just what I wanted after the jangle of the week and going to work. 

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »

One of the hardest things to do when it comes to finding your true self is to just let go and let it happen - just like when it comes to reading your cards.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »

As a side-note: HOLY CLIFFHANGER BATMAN!

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

I can't even begin to tell you how tense and frustrated and on the edge of my seat expecting something to happen I am...and that is just the show.  I won't even let you inside my head or you would be absolutely shocked.  If the director lets Stephen Moyer go, I will be very very angry.  He is such a lovely man with a gorgeous voice.  Sigh.  Of course, if I saw more of Alexander, I wouldn't be unhappy either. 
Siiiiiiigh.

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »

Whoa...wha?  Letting Stephen Moyer go?  *blinkblink?*  What am I missing?  They can't let him go!

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »

As in, if they follow the books faithfully....which I do not want at all!  He's too, well.....toooooo......to let go. 
As a friend said, I am very faithful and loyal to my obsessions with fictional characters. 

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 12:51:40 PM »

Hmmmm...you've got a good point, but I think even with the books, we haven't seen the end of Mr. Compton.

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »

We'd better not!  He was my absolute fave, until we got to Book 4 and then, whoa, Nelly! 
The character is wonderful, the actor is well, perfect (and we won't go farther than that), and I have been missing him for the past few books. 
Can't wait until next year!
Sigh. 

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »

Thank goodness for boxed DVD sets...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: