partnerdanceonline.com
August 29, 2014, 12:08:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream's Diary  (Read 9306 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 07:09:27 AM »

I'd be careful - you have feelings and it sounds like he does not.  What that means is that by posting a retaliation you are permitting him to do anything he likes - and I think he will always be able to one-up you since he has less constraints on his behaviour.

When you are driving and another driver makes a rude sign whats the best reply?  You can make one back - and lower yourself into his/her mudpool or (what I do) you can smile and wave cheerily, pretending that you thought they were being nice and waving themselves.  The usual effect is that it makes them loose their cool and go over the top - a very funny thing to watch and one that is most satisfying.  You could try the same here - congratulate him on finding students to dance with and wish him good luck with them.  If he wants to make nice - and he might you know - you will be able to put this behind you.  If he wants to be nasty he will have to try harder - and then you can walk away from him with your head high.

Thats how I would handle it anyway - sorry for the long post!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »

No need to be sorry, Elise.  With the space of a couple of days and the realization that I do not need to bog myself down in what is past, you are right.  However, I did see the pics for the competition last night and many of the people I know did very very well according to the line-up photos.  He did not see the need to advertise their results.  I am disappointed in him, really I am.

However, for the past 2 weeks, I've been in a pretty good mood.  I know I am losing my job at the end of September and yet, I feel happy.  I truly think the universe has been taking some action to put me in a better place. 
On the other hand, I am truly frustrated by my lack of dancing.  I feel as though everyone is progressing, taking lessons, learning things and here I sit.  I know this is temporary, but it makes me very very unhappy.  there is a purpose for this, but I am afraid I don't know what it is yet.

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »

you can, of course, work on your body - do some yoga or pilates to improve muscle and most important ballance.  I wonder if we would improve faster if we took time off to work on these skill/health sets rather than just taking more lessons...

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 10:10:23 AM »

I don't even know where to start on this one.  I feel......so very alone these days.  Oh, I'm surrounded by people at work and even when I go out, but I just am not connecting at all.  I truly feel as though those I felt closest to are leaving me behind and there is nothing I can do or say at this point to catch up.  So, I think, I won't.  I will find my path in my own way on my own time.  After all, I'm not trying to compete with anyone to live my life, right?  But, it all feels very lonely and very alone. 

I know I am doing all the "right things", by going to work, trying to find a new position, finding the little things to be happy about and enjoying all that I am able to, but it really doesn't feel enough.  I don't feel as though there is anyone to whom I can confide.  Even those people I had around me to listen and console are moving on, although they say they are there for me.  Soon, there won't be anyone to talk with, on a real level, on a deeper level.  In fact, I haven't talked with anyone on more than a superficial level in so long, its almost though I've forgotten how.  I am sure I am isolating myself and I need to break out of where I am to...somewhere else, but I don't know where that somewhere else is. 

I like the idea of a blog, writing for myself regardless if anyone reads it or cares what I am saying.  I used to journal and believe that getting back to that would be good.  There is something about the written word that typing on a keyboard cannot touch.  something about the pencil or pen moving across the page that is fulfilling.  something about filling pages of a book with my thought so that at least the thoughts are out in the open instead of sitting inside me, waiting to be freed.  I wonder if I should find another place to blog, where no one will actually read, so that I can be truly uncensored or if I should stay with the tried and true book of blank pages. 

I feel as though I am lost in a dark place searching for a light, any light, to guide me back to the path that I've lost or, maybe never found.  It is disconcerting as I can go months, even years, without thinking of myself and what it is that I want and then, bang!  its like I wake up and wonder, 'where am I?  what am I doing?  how can I find where to go?'  I'm going through that now.  I'll eventually find my way out or forget why I'm wandering alone in the dark. 

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »

No you won't. 
I'll try to give you a call.
What's your schedule like tonight?

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »

Don't want to intrude on your talk with Medira.  If you have time tonight, that'd be fine.

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 10:41:30 AM »

Fine.  Smack me upside the head. 
I just don't want to be interrupting other conversations you are having. 

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »

Fine.  Smack me upside the head. 
I just don't want to be interrupting other conversations you are having. 
You wouldn't be interrupting at all!  You and I need time to catch up too, missy.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »

We do, but I don't need to be inserting myself into your time with Emmy. 
Contrary to popular belief, sometimes it is NOT all about me!

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »

Nope, sorry.  its my birthday month; I only drink champagne during August.

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »

Yay!  I'm excited now. Cheesy

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »

wish I could send a case... Wink
- maybe just the bubbles to be safe Smiley

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »

I'm in!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 08:58:44 PM »

there!

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 10:37:09 AM »

We will probably take over wherever we are......

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: