partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116438 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Chicago Windy City Sept4-6
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Chicago Windy City Sept4-6  (Read 1911 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 03:21:23 AM »

How did you do that?
Thats the first time I saw the break down....
I guess the judges must have been blown away by my all too gorgeous partner, Undecided
Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 03:24:00 AM »

heh, i've spent a good amount of time tracking down my collection of sources of dance information.  Wink

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 03:25:45 AM »

One number I found particularly interesting tonight was a pro/am showdance with two guys.  It was just a really fun number, and was definitely favorite of the crowd (and I guess the judges too, was talking to someone during those results, but looks like they won)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 03:35:17 AM »

I thought that was neat too - wondered how the judges would react, there's obviously notihng wrong with it but you never know whats going on in their heads...

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 03:41:59 AM »

Definitely.  I know I didn't agree with all the scoring on the latin scholarships.  Though I agreed completely with placements for pro showdance, from top to bottom.  So never know.

Also finally got to meet former pro's mom at this comp (only second comp she's been to, and I missed introduction last time as I was congratulating friends, as we went from 2 years without an FA national winner out of our region to two couples winning at same comp).  Also her brother (who I already know, as he used to teach at studio) and a cute cousin.  I was glad they were all there to see FP and her partner win tonight.  First time her mom's seen her win.  Heck, was jsut in Nevada that was first time I'd seen them win. 
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 01:40:02 AM »

Sorry I must have missed their heat - was it before or after we met? 

I uploaded our competition video on you tube - the link is in the competition video topic.

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 03:21:13 AM »

After we met, second to last event, pro showdance. 
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 03:31:37 AM »

The floor crawlers?  Wow - sure I saw them - they were both spectacular and the obvious first.  I don't follow show dance much but saw them signing autographs later - so I assume they are pretty well established leaders, are they?

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »

Third in country or so righ tnow, depending on how you rate them.  Not bad considering they've only been competing since march.  Smiley

Your amateur couple looked great in standard too, were the clear winners (several people around me were saying same thing).

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 09:07:28 AM »

you mean pro I hope?
The result was a real weirdo but, I guess, interesting because of it.  Pro and partner are ranked on dancesportinfo at ~1800 and are ~50th in the world.  The couple that came first are interesting though.  They are ranked at 100 points lower and ranked 210!  Two things are interesting she (Tiffany Fung) was Victor Fung's amateur ballroom partner and I thought she (and partner of course) danced beautifully, a very easy going and gentle style.  The other thing is that the judges (with a couple of notable exceptions) may be stronger in smooth than standard and on that scale I could understand the scores.  In my book it should not have been close. 

The last thing is that they both also competed at embassy last night!!  It will be interesting to see their relative rankings in a big competition.

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »

No, I didn't stay for pro standard, had to run catch train.  The amateur latin couple we were talking about Friday won standard last night too.  Artem and Katerina.  Heh, her gown, or at least the floats, were even same colors as yours.  Was a little strange.  Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »

Oh yes, we had quite the field yesterday!  And just 5 of us in the team.  Made for a great spirit...

This was Artem and Katerina's first comp together - there was a bit of uncertainly but obviously to be expected so I think they and coaches were pleased.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: