partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Photography-Video (Moderators: Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  how to: DVD to utube?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: how to: DVD to utube?  (Read 4130 times)
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »

Waiting on me or ED?  if you're waiting on ED, you might read back a few messages to this:

"I decided to do a bit of surgery: moved a topic which has TTD's comp tape to the Competition board so that we can get all of them in the right place with the comps themselves."

Smiley
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 03:20:13 PM »

nope i just saw the topic and just finished putting my comp. dvds on my computer a week ago so i thought i'd post that... Smiley

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »

hahah, didn't even see it'd gone over a page,s orry Becca.  I was responding to emeralddancer
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »

you sound dangerous EM, what are you not patient about?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:16 AM »

ETP--that program you posted didn't work for me.  When I went to the website, the file download was a zip file, but when I unzipped it and tried to open the program, I couldn't get it to work.  Help please!

What exactly didn't work, Musicchica?  I'm guessing it wouldn't open the dvd, possibly giving some type of error about MPEG2?  They describe the problem in the file Readme  First.rtf.  If you have the free version of quicktime installed, it will not open mpeg2 (aka, dvd) files.  Apple wants you to pay for that.  What you can do, and what I did on my computer here, is to uninstall quicktime, then get qtalternative from http://www.filehippo.com/download_quicktime_alternative?2615 (link from the previously mentioned readme) and install that.  That lets mpegstreamclip read DVDs, and still lets me play quiktime movies when I need to.

If you're having some other trouble, let me know what it is and i'll try to help.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 03:00:48 PM »

It was something about Quicktime and QT Alternative--but it told me I had to totally uninstall the current version of QT I have in order for the alternative to work.  Now, why would I want to dump a program that is burned in and I know works for something I have no experience with?  I just don't like having to install new media players all the time because somehow my settings always get screwed up and files will try to open with some random program I didn't tell them to open with.

What do you know about this QT Alternative thing?
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 03:46:42 PM »

I've been using QT alternative for years.  It just allows other media players (Winamp, Windows Media Player, etc), play quicktime files.

And to b technical, you don't have to unsintall quicktime, you could just upgrade it to full version to get mpeg2/dvd support.  That's the real issue, Apple wants you to pay for that option. 
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »

Okay, one more question ETP.  Got the program working, but now I can't figure out how to enter the in and out times to trim the video for different events, and of course there's no help file included with the program.  How do I cut it to separate the different parts of the video for export?

Thanks!
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »

my video setup is at work, musichica.  I'll take a look at it tomorrow and give you an answer.
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »

Go to where you want the video to start, and choose select in.  Go to where you want it to end, then Edit - Select Out
Then go to file - Export to AVI.  Believe you can generally stick with default settings (I'm doing a test video right now)
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 06:35:31 PM »

Ugh, I give up.  Did everything you said, open up the AVI to check it, and the video track is playing in slo-mo and isn't in sync with the audio.  Done it twice now.  I give up.  Will have to find somebody that knows what they're doing with this stuff to do it for me. Huh
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »

hrmmm, not sure why that'd be happening.

That being said, can understand your frustration, I forgot how user-unfriendly this application was.  Smiley
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 07:02:11 PM »

Yeah, I think I got confused about how to trim it because nothing appeared to happen when I hit one of the menu commands... Roll Eyes

Anybody else know of any freeware video editing applications?
GSR Studio Inc
Newcomer

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 01:02:10 AM »

Can anyone give me an easy way to take a segment form a DVD (I assume its in a standard format, a commercial competition tape) and upload it on utube?

thanks
ee
Just ask for the service. We have done it for our customers, especially if we have an original version of your dances and we can make it nice and professional.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 05:06:19 AM by elisedance » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: