partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116403 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Nevada Star Ball
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Nevada Star Ball  (Read 1324 times)
etp777
Bronze

« on: August 09, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »

Anyone heading down to Vegas in a couple weeks? Looks like we have at least 4 pro couples going between my two studios, and at least two students. Taking a glance at winner's circle page, I see at least one or two DFers were there last year.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:19:44 AM »

We were thinking of going, but waived that thought, not really good schedule for us, Friday night open am, if Sat night would be much more doable.

Wish whoever going best of luck!!!

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »

Any results to post?
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »

Onlypartial results:

Open Rhythm:
1.  Telonas
2.  Decho Kraev and Bree Watson
3 or 4th   Ricky Bentzen and Albina

Open Smooth:
1.  Tomas Melnicki and JT Thomas
2.  Mazen Hamza and Lisa Vogel
3.  Slawek Stochacki and Marzena Stachura
4.  Perzhus
5.  Eric and Michelle Hudson
6.  Alex Tecza and Katja Lindholm

RS Rhythm
1.  Aaron Desoto and Jaana Lillemaagi (YAY!  First time I've been at a comp when they won!)
2.  Ilya and Mandy Velednitsky
4.  Dimitrios and Maria Damales

Open Showdance
1.  Vicente Martinez and Megan Murphy (Again, YAY!  First time I've been around to see them win)
2.  Someone and Jaana, couple from Hawaii, and not same Jaana as in RS rhythm
3.  Alex Tecza and Katja Lindholm
4 or 5.  Topher Woods and Jen Cepeda
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:26:09 PM »

Scoresheets are up:

http://www.compmngr.com/nevstr09/NEVSTR09_ScoresheetsByPerson.htm
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

Woohoo!  Former pro beat Ricky and Albina!  That's been iffy, they've been going back and forth.  Yay!
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »

Nice.  Smiley  I just stick with the RS rhythm/smooth myself, my friends aren't quite ready to compete in open yet.  Smiley
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »

For a while, I did too.  But then former pro and partner won RS not only at Ohio, but USDC.  They're not eligible for RS anymore, but they're not consistently cracking the Open finals.  It's a little frustrating.
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »

oh, I bet.  still remember first RS wins for my rhythm and smooth couples.  or rather, for the top two.  Still waiting for wins for the next two.  Smiley

I loved thsi comp because it was first time I was in ballroom for two of my couples winning.  was SO much fun to see.  

Plus Ricky and Albina are from Milwaukee FA region, so always a bit of friendly rivalry there.  Wink
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:14 PM »

LOL...they looked really good at Vol State.  I don't know that I liked her dress, though--light purple with beaded dangling iridescent plastic paillettes.  It was very noisy, and she kept losing pieces of paillette-fringe, which, as a runner, I was worried about the other couples slipping on, so I kept grabbing them up off the floor.
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »

can guarantee I wouldn't like it.  HATE noisy dresses.  paiettes, beaded fringe, whatever, do not like it when dress makes noise!
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »

can guarantee I wouldn't like it.  HATE noisy dresses.  paiettes, beaded fringe, whatever, do not like it when dress makes noise!
Agreed.  And, as someone who had a slip and fall during competition (not ballroom, previous non-partner dance life), something that falls off that easily, and is rounded/raised, is dangerous.  It's different if the fringe is material, but beaded?  Hell no.  There should be costuming restrictions to that effect, IMO.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »

This was one of the noisiest dresses I think I've ever seen/heard.  And I agree about the beaded fringe, M--Shalene Ermis had a gorgeous Smooth dress that weekend that had short strands of sequined fringe, of which a couple came off.  But those were flat and very small, so it would have been very hard to slip on them.  But of course me, being the good runner that I am Wink, still grabbed them up off the floor.
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »

Yeah, Mandy Velednitsky (another one of my milwaukee region couples Wink ) had a rhythm dress in Wisconsin that had long fringe with flat plastic gold stars.  Can't say i was fond of the look, but few pieces tht fell off seemed to pose no problem for anyone, so wasn't any kind of safety issue.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »

Stars? Huh
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: