partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  your ipod (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Noise cancelling headsets
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Noise cancelling headsets  (Read 2090 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« on: August 19, 2009, 04:08:53 PM »

If you fly a lot, and listen to your iPod a lot, you owe it to yourself to get a noise-cancelling headset.  It completely changes the experience of listening to music while flying.

I can vouch for the Sony MDR-NC40.  Very effective at cutting out ambient noise.  (Conversational noise, not quite so much, but for an airplane, that's not important.)  There's a handy button you can press that mutes the music and lets you hear what's happening "outside", for when the FA comes down the aisle and asks you what you want to drink.  And the headphones will still work in the passive mode if the battery goes dead.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »

LOVE my Bose headphones.  One of the best investments I ever made.  Comfortable, amazing sound quality and it's great for cutting out the noise around you.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:03:08 PM »

I use those in-the-ear pods - can't hear anything except the music - whats the noise cancellation for?  Sorry.  WHATS THE NOISE CANCELLATION FOR?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
LucyDiamond
Open Bronze

New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »

I use those in-the-ear pods - can't hear anything except the music - whats the noise cancellation for?  Sorry.  WHATS THE NOISE CANCELLATION FOR?
AIRPLANE ENGINE NOISE.  Tongue

"I believe that we are never more truly and profoundly human than when we dance” - José Limón
-------------------------------------
"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." ~Anonymous
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

And you can't forget the crying babies on long flights. Wink

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »

Actually, I have both, the noise canceling ones and the in-ear head phones (both cost a fortune but a good investment).  I have to say that in-ear ones are MUCH more effective, but most people don't like the feeling of anything deep in their ear canals. 
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 03:18:05 PM »

Actually, I have both, the noise canceling ones and the in-ear head phones (both cost a fortune but a good investment).  I have to say that in-ear ones are MUCH more effective, but most people don't like the feeling of anything deep in their ear canals. 
Yeah, I'm the same way.  I can't use ear buds because they give me headaches.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »

I only worry that they will sprout inward...

(.....run and hide.....)

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: