partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116457 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Left or right handed?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Left or right handed?  (Read 859 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« on: August 07, 2009, 11:12:20 AM »

I've seen this poll run in other places, and it's always a little surprising -- dancers seem to deviate rather significantly from the general population.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 12:38:16 PM »

I use most is right .... but switch back and forth quite often.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »

right - I think I have a left hand.  Oh yes, thats the one that turns into a crab on my partner's right arm - and also holds the fingers on my violin Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »

I think I am right handed most of the time. The reason, I say "think" is because I can never figure out, what is right or left.  Undecided

If I do a dance step in my head then I can figure it out.  Wink

So when my chiropractor let me to be on my left or right side he will always point to side he wants me on.  Wink

If a student asks me whether it is right foot or left foot, I will normally point to the foot I am talking about.  Wink

So here I am a dancer teacher that doesn’t know the difference between right and left, go figure.  Roll Eyes Shocked  Grin

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »

Sounds like you should have picked my answer.   Cheesy  I was born left-handed, but they switched me in elementary school (which was pretty common back then).  I totally forgot about being left-handed by the time was about 7.  But for the past ten years, as I get older, my left-handedness keeps trying to come back.  I kind of went with it and now I can do some tasks with either hand, such as operating a computer mouse.  I keep catching myself doing things left-handed without realizing it; for instance, sometimes when I'm eating, I find myself eating European-style, where the fork stays in your left hand.  If I'm in a certain frame of mind, I can even write a bit with my left hand.  It's kind of weird.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »

I am right hand dominate but left leg dominate.  I can write with my left hand or use it fairly well if I need to.  This must come from my mother's family where half were right handed and the other half left handed.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 12:35:35 AM »

Right handed, wish I was ambidextrous though.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »

I selected left because I write and draw with my left.  I paint with my right though.  I can work with a mouse with either left or right.  Most throwing sports, I was right hand dominant, then I dislocated my shoulder badly enough that it slips whenever I do something requiring a throwing motion.  So... maybe I should have chosen ambidexterous or "I don't know"

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
LucyDiamond
Open Bronze

New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »

Right handed - most definately!

"I believe that we are never more truly and profoundly human than when we dance” - José Limón
-------------------------------------
"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." ~Anonymous
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »

right handed

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: