partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Computer Tech stuff (Moderators: cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Is email on the way out?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Is email on the way out?  (Read 7626 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 05:37:11 AM »

well touch wood, all my e-mail addresses home and and work are very low on the spam front....not sure if it is choice of name...but I am lucky to get a few a week and definitely not daily.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 04:43:03 AM »

Occam's Razor might be appropriate

how so?
use it with care lest you cut yourself Wink Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 11:01:05 PM »

I hope email won't be out, I dont prefer to contact friends thru FB personal message, FB super slow due to too many people / too many members using it. I prefer use my gmail accounts, I can save an unfinised email, I can attach photos, links to my fotki photo sites, can't do that with FB; I use FB mainly for photo-sharing, really don't prefer to chat with friends there, both FB and my gmail acct linked to my blackberry, but sometimes it happens lilke I received FB personal message, but doesn't show up on BB, so I didn't know I got PM from FB:( but gmail usually works well with my blackberry; I receive and reply instantly, very efficient, I prefer email better than facebook.

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 05:32:21 AM »

FB is only one alternative to email - and really its email through the FB server.  I think the thought was more on texting or chat - but as you say, there are so many things you can only do by email ....

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 05:51:18 AM »

one I get my EMP built

mad cackling laughter.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 07:51:13 AM »

I think e-mail will be around for awhile still but mail become more video content. little mini movie messages....  Shocked

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »

Who wants to see the other person?  I'm not sure it really adds anything unless there is something specific to show. 

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 08:59:46 AM »

Who wants to see the other person?  I'm not sure it really adds anything unless there is something specific to show. 
Wink Wink Wink

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 10:41:26 PM »

well if you have family on the other side of the word and can never match up time at least they can see you with a message and visa versa as well then they hopefully wont interpret words on a page incorrectly. I think there are more benefits  than not.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 02:36:13 AM »

good point - but we are communicating well here accross the world without email - a forum is more 'family' like since messages are sent to all in a select group...

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »

I would rather not use the video camera.  This way I can just relax and not worry about how I look.  Geez, I can imagine people getting fixed up to be in front of a computer.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »

another reason I hope email not out; FB pm box does not allow to attach multiple photos to the same pm. Some of my friends are much more accessible on FB than email, so if email them, takes a whole week to reply, if FB them, would be getting much quicker response;) lol...

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »

I'm accessible by both FB (wall posting or pm only) or email, lol...both my BB & iphone gives instant notice for new messages. but don't expect me to chat with you thru instant message thru FB, I'm so busy, often doing multiple things on computer, sometimes I opened a window on FB, then minimize to do other things such as email or paying bills or editing photos, watching vids, by the time I noticed someone trying to talk to me, that person already off line. So if you see I"m on FB, does not mean I'm really on, my FB screen could just be minimized and I"m busy doing other things...LOL?>>not that I intentionally ignore anybody...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 09:43:38 PM »

Which is why I think email is here to stay.  You get to read it when you want to (there is a limit to immediacy - turns out we have a life as well as communication) and its very flexible.  Really its just a modern 'letter'.

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 10:19:20 PM »

I was going to say that snail mail is on the way out. and that e-mail will come even further up the chain as a form of correspondence.

I even forget to  check my letter box..it is almost becoming a novelty to get a real letter

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: