partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 04:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Funstuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Five-word story!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Five-word story!  (Read 4678 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 10:47:03 PM »

Paul closed his notebook computer, the day had only just begun but already problems were developing, bills were piling, and his fast approaching deadline, was a real concern, "what should I do?" he thought. "Ignore it?" he mused. But the thought passed as quickly as it had arrived. He decided decisive action can wait since it was likely that he would win lotto according to the gypsy next door. But did he in fact believe all that gobbledygook, or he was scared of not achieving the result he so desperately longed for? "Time to think positively", he said to himself, "how am I ever going to get myself out and onto the sailboat?" He was waiting on his skipper to lower the gangplank so he could ascend into the belly of adventure. But in a brash moment he decided that he must put aside his own needs and respect the ones around.  He climbed instead on the rigging, wanting the crow's nest to represent the heights he could achieve in such a spectacular location, the world is flat after all he yelled to the seagulls circling above.  The boat lurched as moorings were strained to the limit. Lighthouse Coxwell, the bosun, released the ropes and we began another descent into the maelström of the fast approaching storm. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 04:53:02 AM »

Paul closed his notebook computer, the day had only just begun but already problems were developing, bills were piling, and his fast approaching deadline, was a real concern, "what should I do?" he thought. "Ignore it?" he mused. But the thought passed as quickly as it had arrived. He decided decisive action can wait since it was likely that he would win lotto according to the gypsy next door. But did he in fact believe all that gobbledygook, or he was scared of not achieving the result he so desperately longed for? "Time to think positively", he said to himself, "how am I ever going to get myself out and onto the sailboat?" He was waiting on his skipper to lower the gangplank so he could ascend into the belly of adventure. But in a brash moment he decided that he must put aside his own needs and respect the ones around.  He climbed instead on the rigging, wanting the crow's nest to represent the heights he could achieve in such a spectacular location, the world is flat after all he yelled to the seagulls circling above.  The boat lurched as moorings were strained to the limit. Lighthouse Coxwell, the bosun, released the ropes and we began another descent into the maelström of the fast approaching storm. 

Far to the east I

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2009, 06:48:43 AM »

Far to the east I and the King of Siamese cats

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2009, 06:57:54 AM »

Far to the east I and the King of Siamese cats sailed, Hobson his name, we

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2009, 06:19:12 AM »

Far to the east I and the King of Siamese cats sailed, Hobson his name, we
dined on quince and slices

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2009, 06:30:41 AM »

Far to the east I and the King of Siamese cats sailed, Hobson his name, we dined on quince and slices while the boat lurched ominously

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2009, 06:52:43 AM »

Far to the east I and the King of Siamese cats sailed, Hobson his name, we dined on quince and slices while the boat lurched ominously.  Had I forgotten
something?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »

[are you trying to make this into nonsense Undecided]

ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2009, 08:20:26 AM »

[I thought we would have learnt from the "one word story" failure...]

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2009, 08:40:54 AM »

some people live on a higher plane.  In BTM's case its a butterfly Cheesy

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2009, 09:38:38 AM »

[are you trying to make this into nonsense Undecided]

not at all I put 'slices' but you didnt say of what; I thought the omen might have been of having forgotten something. What's wrong with that?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2009, 03:48:47 PM »

Far to the east I and the King of Siamese cats sailed, Hobson his name, we dined on quince and slices while the boat lurched ominously.  Had I forgotten
something
?

a trail of non-sequiteurs Watson...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:51:02 PM by elisedance » Logged

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2009, 07:43:02 AM »

I dont know what you're talking about. The boat is still sailing is it not?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 09:56:56 AM »

Only because I am struggling to keep it afloat - the twists and turns in the story line almost sank the boat...

Anyhow, lets get back to the story, I can't wait for how its going to turn out - probably with a rumba move...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »

Far to the east I and the King of Siamese cats sailed, Hobson his name. we dined on quince and slices while the boat lurched ominously.  Had I forgotten
something? he thought to himself with the sense that someone was watching him with hawk like eyes and gaging his every move. Perhaps he was in the lap of the goddess......

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: