partnerdanceonline.com
April 17, 2014, 02:52:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rugby's Ramblings  (Read 3755 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »

Keeping up the drugs so that hopefully all will be well. 

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

Wow, Rugby!  Take your meds and get some rest.  Lung problems are serious business.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 11:10:14 PM »

Well my DP and I finally got back out onto the competition floor.  I wasn't so sure it was going to happen this year but we took the plunge.  We were going to go to the Kingston comp but I came down sick ( I think I had the H1N1) so that was an out.  My DP did not feel ready for it anyway.  The next comp my DP hurt his neck and had to go for treatments.  Again he was not so sure about doing it anyway.  Our problems are that we get very, very little practice time, we've had major routine changes in both latin and standard and we are perfectionists.

We decided that we would try for the Dancesport for Charities but when the weekend came things began to fall apart.  We have complicated championship level routines and we were told that they would take lots of practice to make them look polished so we should not expect much the first two or three competitions.    We had two lessons and they went from bad to worse.  We would get the routines mixed up from the old way to the new, we kept getting off time, we could not get it going together and we were trying to get everything so technically and musically correct that we were not accomplishing anything but getting frustrated.  My partner walked off completely frustrated in our lesson just before the comp and I thought that it was over.  Well we talked and decided to just go and not worry about anything but getting out on the floor.  No thoughts of winning, getting the routines perfect or anything except else but to just get out there and get back on the horse.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 11:57:09 PM »

At the competition we still could not get it together, nor did our routines fit the floor.  I told my DP to forget about it and just do what we could.  Well the first heat was a disaster in almost every way.  We mixed up the routines, we were off-time, we didn't move nearly how we could and we didn't dance that well together.  When we left the floor my DP did not want to go into the next event saying we were not ready.  Well we decided to go for it and though we still mixed up the routines and went off-time we at least danced better together.

The second time was better than the first and we realized that even dancing badly we can still get through it.  The best thing is that we know that we can really do well when we get it together.

The final result was that we got two thirds which came as a huge, huge surprise to us.  When we asked around and spoke to a few judges I was told that sure we danced roughly, especially in the first event, but our technique stood out and our choreography showed that we were willing to take chances and show something whereas most of the others looked predicatble and boring. 

Well now we have to see if we can start to smooth out the roughness in time for Niagara.  Unfortunately now our standard will have to take a bit of a back seat to our latin so we can get it out on the floor too.  In latin we also have very complicated routines (we opted for championship level ones) so we may suffer the same fate in our first comp with these routines but there is no use worrying about it.  It's all part of the process and I want to enjoy the journey.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 11:53:31 PM »

.....we asked around and spoke to a few judges I was told that ..... we were willing to take chances and show something whereas most of the others looked predicatble and boring..... 

Hmmm Roll Eyes

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: