partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 10:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Searching for plain comp warm-up robe
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Searching for plain comp warm-up robe  (Read 1214 times)
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« on: July 24, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »

I’m searching for a plain black competition warm-up robe (without any printing or company logo). Most of robes I’ve seen at comps have logo on it. Some of my lady friends buy plain black silk bath robe, but I think the quality isn’t as good as dance comp warm up robes. Any ideas?

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:34:49 PM »

nope - but would love to hear the answer Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:09:01 PM »

If you go to a store that sells Chinese products they usually have beautiful robes.  I'm looking at some here in London.  You may be able to get a plain one or one with flowers on it.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:56:49 PM »

lol I'm chinese, but don't live near Chinatown in NY. Now the Asian style Kimono top is in fashion, but most of street clothing shop in NY only carry floral robe or kimono top, no plain black one. London Chinese shop must carry better stuff!!!

skipper
Bronze

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »

Try going to a department store in the lingerie section.
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »

Please let us know if you find anything.  THinking we might need to get some for two couples we sponsor and have company logo put on them.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 01:12:19 AM »

Thanks for the idea of department store lingerie section, I did had some good luck with this, found one at macy's, very cheap, cost $25, black 100% polyester, just the sleeve is not really wide enough so have to be careful with my floats when put on, victoria secret has one but much more pricy, $42, but 100% silk, super light, but very thin, I could imagine it will wrinkle a lot. Macy's also has black one from a more expensive brand name: Jones NY, cost $58, sleeve is wider, good for my floats, but there are lace trim on the sleeves (too lingerie like) so I ended up buying the cheap non-brand one.

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 06:50:34 AM »

Is a silk robe what most ladies wear? I can't imagine that would be very warm, when coming off the floor all sweaty. Not to mention sweat stains. I could be totally off base, of course. I  just can't see silk being the ideal fabric.

Will google later, if I have a chance.

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 06:54:35 AM »

Here ya go.  Flannel on the inside.  Silk on the outside.  Both of my concerns addressed.

http://www.internationaldancedesign.com/Products/Competition_Robe.aspx

To be honest, what I would probably do, if i was a serious competitor, would be to buy the fabric and either make or pay someone to make me a lined kimono. and sash.  A kimono couldn't be simpler -- just a handful of straight seams. that way, you could have whatever colors, designs and fabric you want.  Much more expensive up front, but I would imagine worth the investment, long term.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:23 PM »

Here ya go.  Flannel on the inside.  Silk on the outside.  Both of my concerns addressed.

http://www.internationaldancedesign.com/Products/Competition_Robe.aspx

To be honest, what I would probably do, if i was a serious competitor, would be to buy the fabric and either make or pay someone to make me a lined kimono. and sash.  A kimono couldn't be simpler -- just a handful of straight seams. that way, you could have whatever colors, designs and fabric you want.  Much more expensive up front, but I would imagine worth the investment, long term.
make a great dressing gown ...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: