partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:50:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Cat Lovers and Cats only
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 Print
Author Topic: Cat Lovers and Cats only  (Read 26394 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #600 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:15 AM »

I have a new member in my fur family.  If anyone has seen my Facebook page I have been trying to find a home for a two year old boy who has FIV but it healthy.  He had been living in a small cage for over half a year at the vet and he finally got a foster home to only have the girl call up and say he had to go as she ended up having bad cat allergies.  Poor little Bruiser had to go ASAP.  She had to take him down to the foyer of her apartment and that is where I picked him up.  A sad site with him sitting there in his carrier will all his worldly possessions in a box beside him and nowhere to go.  No way was he going to be put down or be confined to a cage again for who knows how long.  He is such a little love bug and wants to hang out with you and sit on you lap and get loveys.   
Here he is at the vet before he came to me.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #601 on: February 21, 2012, 04:50:57 AM »

Here he is now that he is here.  His arrival and getting settled in.  I start him in a couple of dog kennels so he can see the other cats and they he but he is safe.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #602 on: February 21, 2012, 04:52:18 AM »

And more pics.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #603 on: February 21, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »

What lovely banding he has!   Like someone spilled paint on him Wink 

Do you worry that the virus is contageous? (I don't know anything about it...)

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #604 on: February 21, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

Russell and Marley already have FIV.  The only way it can be transfered is through the blood and it has to be a deep bite, the kind that would come from a violent fight.   It is not like the human kind either, not that serious in comparrison.  The boys are all healthy and happy and get along well which helps.  They also have a three month old kitten with FIV, which is a first age ways, but I just can't take another cat in.  Some day I would like to have a cat shelter but financially I just can't swing that right now. A Facebook friend has a cat shelter where she takes in cats that are blind or have FIV and FELV and I think she is just amazing to do this.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:49:18 PM by Rugby » Logged

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #605 on: February 21, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »

By the way, there is a lady in Florida that helps stray cats to find homes.  She needs some help urgently to have someone help her take photos of her cats or even hold them so she can get pictures to go on her site.  If you know anyone in Florida that may be able to help please pass it on. I have sent her link below.  Even if it was only helping once it would help.  Here is her Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Cats-of-Florida/210589292313206  .  She is doing her best but is mainly a one woman show in her efforts to help make the lives of these thrown away cats easier.

This is about her:

Community Cats of Florida
HELP IS NEEDED to take Cat photos. Today I was able to take photos of the cats. Thanks to Addie Eiras who took the time to come help hold the cats and kittens while they were being photographed. No photos have been done since December and that's because I can't get anyone to come help me. If someone can come once a week, that will help the cats to be photographed, seen and hopefully adopted. Please come volunteer at the shelter and do your part to help the cats and kittens find a special home with your help. MUST LOVE CATS!
For more information, please visit www.broward.org/animal

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #606 on: March 12, 2012, 09:58:09 PM »

All 5 boys went out into the outdoor encosure today sinceit was so warm, 10C.  I raked the whole thing out to get rid of pine cones then got everyone inside so I could put grass seed down.  Just in time too since it rained a few minutes after I was done.  It was the first time out for Squeaks and Bruzer.  Squeaks was a bit overly excited but Bruzer was pretty casual about it all.  A success as all five had a good time.  I leave the window open so they can go in and out as they wish.  Right now I will supervise until Squeaks and Bruzer treat it as old hat.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #607 on: April 26, 2012, 02:57:11 AM »

My avatar is Russell at the computer after a long day of petition signing ad being on PDO.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #608 on: April 26, 2012, 04:41:29 AM »

My avatar is Russell at the computer after a long day of petition signing ad being on PDO.

cute....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Burgess Penguin
Bronze

Quack Quack Quack Quack

« Reply #609 on: April 30, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »

Even at the advanced age of 12, Beaumont  is still very much a mini-panther

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa7drS56vLE

Dancing - The BEST exercise in the world and A LOT prettier than going to the gym, and CHEAPER than a therapist!

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #610 on: May 04, 2012, 03:35:50 AM »

Getting my ideas sorted out for the outdoor cat furniture I am building for the five boys.  When I get it done I will get some pictures up.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #611 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »

whats the bet its grander than your living room? Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #612 on: May 15, 2012, 02:26:58 AM »

The boys hope so.  Smiley

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #613 on: May 15, 2012, 06:01:21 AM »

N&N have their own private deck.  I'm allowed out as long as I provide a lap.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #614 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:29 AM »

I have to go buy the wood soon.  I've been so busy I have fallen behind on projects.  Or maybe it is because I have too many going at once.  I did go out and completely de-weed the boys enclosure.  Probably the best area of lawn now on my whole property. 

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: