partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Photography-Video (Moderators: Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  General photography
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: General photography  (Read 11932 times)
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »

Thanks! Cheesy

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »

Went to a pakistani-moslem wedding last night (one of my students) - this is my favorite picture of the couple - I was going to give it to them as a present and wonder what you think...

This is after an hour of photoshoping Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2009, 04:09:01 AM »

So photoshopping ey! I wonder how much of photoshopping people do? And how much photoshopping would one have to do to make the photograph not photography anymore?
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2009, 07:34:42 AM »

thats why I started the 'photoart' topic SW - its for pictures where the photography was just the beginning.

The one above does not fall into that catagory - but in some ways does.  In the original there was no wall corner between the two but a black pipe that was actually a part of a photographers lighting system.  It was ugly and detracted from the couple so I decided to take it out.  That created a problem though because the wall behind was much darker to the right than the left of the pipe.  Then I had the brainwave of not trying to blend the wall colours (which might have been impossible anyway) but to create the corner.

The result is to my eye fantastic - and the photo gained a title in the process: "One heart, two minds".  These are young moslems who are deeply in love and happily married, hence the one heart - however, both also have career paths (a break from tradition) and that is why they have different visions - he to the left and she to the right.

Can they pull it off?  Time will tell.....

So the point with photoshopping is that the object initially was just to correct (or rather improve) the photo, as appart from changing it to make something new.  However, in correcting I have create something much more profound - so the outcome really is photoart....

Please do click on the photo (it gets bigger) and tell me if you see my vision (or theirs!!).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:37:29 AM by elisedance » Logged

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »

Went to a pakistani-moslem wedding last night (one of my students) - this is my favorite picture of the couple - I was going to give it to them as a present and wonder what you think...

Veerryy nice!!! (Btw, that's what my dance teacher says when she see me doing something she likes. Doesn't happen very often.)

"It's not what you do, but how you do it."

"The Truth in Ballroom Dance is found in the Basic steps."

A.S.
pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 02:55:30 PM »

Here an example of evolution of video to picture to art that I was involved in. The first picture is a single frame from a video that I took at a showcase. The second picture is an effect that was added in Photoshop. The third picture is where some background was removed. And the fourth is where it was turned into an art piece by the Dancing Art lady (www.dancingart.com).

A.S.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 04:36:05 PM »

Veerryy nice!!! (Btw, that's what my dance teacher says when she see me doing something she likes. Doesn't happen very often.)

hey, it doesn't get any higher than dance instructor approval level!!  Thanks Smiley  I just hope they like it - its not really eastern style at all - I  - printed about 11x13" and framed it in a fairly ornate gold frame with a plain mat.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2009, 04:46:32 PM »

So the last one is a painting rendition of the photo?  She made the man taller and more angular and the woman more yeilding - its pretty good but is she a dancer?  Because she lost some of the man's lovely poise...  Its also a bit too ornate to my taste (but I am a minimalist).

OTOH I love your rendition - but would be inclined to crop it even futher to bring more emphasis on the glorious white sail:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:49:10 PM by elisedance » Logged

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2009, 04:48:15 PM »

on top of htat I would take out the background entirely so that I could rotate it slightly clockwise - the opposite way from the painted version  - that would give the man more dymamic force and the woman more centifugal ...

I hope you don't mind me going on - but I love this !!

BTW its a lovely picutre Smiley

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

hey, it doesn't get any higher than dance instructor approval level!!  Thanks Smiley  I just hope they like it - its not really eastern style at all - I  - printed about 11x13" and framed it in a fairly ornate gold frame with a plain mat.

What a nice gift for them to receive! Sounds like you are well on your way to another good hobby in addition to dance.

A.S.
pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »

So the last one is a painting rendition of the photo?  She made the man taller and more angular and the woman more yeilding - its pretty good but is she a dancer?  Because she lost some of the man's lovely poise...  Its also a bit too ornate to my taste (but I am a minimalist).

OTOH I love your rendition - but would be inclined to crop it even futher to bring more emphasis on the glorious white sail:

I think artist is a dancer. Check out her web site I listed above and look at biography. As far as crop, I think it was sized for a postcard. I also think she sells her art at a number of dance comps around US. As far as my version, it was used at following web site:

http://www.roslender-ballroom.com/

Hope you don't mind me listing this here. If so, feel free to remove.

pruthe

A.S.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »

What a nice gift for them to receive! Sounds like you are well on your way to another good hobby in addition to dance.

well, its actually been a hobby for a while... are you on FB?

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2009, 08:01:03 PM »

Yes, I'm on FB. Already friends with you. Left message on your wall.

pruthe

A.S.
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:17 PM »

Well I guess that the photos from pruthe are examples of photoart, whereas the ones from ED are photography.

I guess if the only modification done to the photo was minor alternation to levels, contrast, brightness...it has every right to be called photography.  Roll Eyes

Beautiful photos/photoarts to both of you!  Smiley
pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »

Sorry, I missed seeing the photo art thread. If want to move my posts over there, that's fine with me.

A.S.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: